Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alaska / Canada Flyin

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Just thinking out loud here guys. There are alot of Camping flyins down south so I think we should put one together up here. How many are interested? I am thinking a couple days of camping and flying and hitting various strips and gravel bars. There are alot of places we could go that are in range, or I can have fuel flown out and staged if needed.

Give me some ideas of possible destinations that are doable for you guys.

:BC:

Posted

Does uncle Sam let a Canadian fly in with an advanced ultralight license? Would have to check out the cross border requirements to fly over there.

Posted

I know...

Lets all join a couple thousand other close friends at Wittman Regional Airport about the last week in July!

Posted

Does uncle Sam let a Canadian fly in with an advanced ultralight license? Would have to check out the cross border requirements to fly over there.

I am not sure, I will have to check out the requirements for us getting to your side also. Do you need a transponder to fly on your side?

I would think that your ticket is probably pretty close to our sport pilots, maybe there is some reciprocity :dunno:

I know...

Lets all join a couple thousand other close friends at Wittman Regional Airport about the last week in July!

If I can get my hitch rolled over I may be able to pull it off Larry, but right now I am scheduled to be working then... damnit!

Posted

Did a little looking and found some detail here http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/gen_av/ultralights/sfa/. Looks pretty straight forward as far as paper work. Did I mention I hate paper? banned2.gif

Posted

Did a little looking and found some detail here:http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/gen_av/ultralights/sfa/. Looks pretty straight forward as far as paper work. Did I mention I hate paper? banned2.gif

Wow, I just checked on it.. Looks like all you have to do is print it out and fill in the blanks and carry it with you. Looks pretty darn simple for you! I can't belive our government made something to do with airplanes this easy snack.gifnews.gif

Looks like I better get on the laptop tonight and start looking for central places to visit!

BC.gif

Posted

Wow, I just checked on it.. Looks like all you have to do is print it out and fill in the blanks and carry it with you. Looks pretty darn simple for you! I can't belive our government made something to do with airplanes this easy snack.gifnews.gif

Looks like I better get on the laptop tonight and start looking for central places to visit!

BC.gif

Tok or Northway might be possibles - FAST EDDIE'S at Tok, and keep your pistols.

ED in MO

Posted

Tok or Northway might be possibles - FAST EDDIE'S at Tok, and keep your pistols.

ED in MO

There is no fuel at Northway anymore. I will have to check on points of entry etc to try and make it as painless as possible. I am still shocked that the two governments were able to actually remove heads from sphincters and make the cover letter of authorization.. I am amazed!!!

Any of you southern cousins (Canadian pilots ehh) have any input on possible trip destinations post up!

Posted

Too bad the Canadian government doesn't recognize the light sport pilots certificate.

Posted

So a US pilot would have to fly in Canada with a private pilot cert (or higher) and current medical?  ...plus the 12" N numbers.

Can we make it on the US side.. it sounds easier for Can brothers to fly our birds in US than the other way around.  Chicken, Eagle, Tok anyone?

Posted

I would love to make it down there and fly with you guys but wont be this year I dont think,still pluggin away on the fat avid which carries alot more fuel than the kitfox, Im not sure  what we need to cross the border ,my flying buddy flew a 701 zenair all the way back from Florida to B.C. so he will have it figured out.Hopeing to do alot more long distance travel once the avid is flying hopefully sometime this summer

Posted (edited)

I never thought about this but is it true

see the attached pic

post-54-0-01853900-1365612964_thumb.jpg

Edited by akflyerbob

Posted

lol , yes just thought they were bigger