As received via email from the list....."

Yes Steve, you have been banned, this time for as long as

Michael and I are around. You not only abused the moderators in

violation of our policies, but have once again raised a topic you

know you are specifically forbidden to raise, unless you come up with

some new information, which the post submitted does not contain. This

post has been deleted from the forum.

Guy Buchanan, Kitfox List Moderator

San Diego, CAK-IV 1200 / 582-C / Warp / 100% done, thanks mostly to Bob Ducar.

"....but have once again raised a topic you

know you are specifically forbidden to raise..."

WTF????    Hell, I didn't even start the thread.   :ididntdoit:

"...unless you come up with

some new information, which the post submitted does not contain"

The Pope himself could present the List gods with a signed statement from the FAA Administrator, and they would say it still needs to be notarized.

I've run across some stupid, ignorant, people in my life, but this does takes the cake.   :banghead:

Steve

Feel free to link or re post this "elsewhere" to alert others interested in Kitfox LSA Sportpilot issues that the "list will suppress correct information that contradicts their misguided opinions.

Damn...I love a good rant!!!

And thanks to Leni for allowing it.  He's a good American!!  Freedom of speech and all that.....

(...just sucking up Leni, :D  just sucking up.)   :beerchug:

Posted

thats it mr. your in big trouble now  :banned2: ..... what a bunch of idiots.  I cant beleve that Deke is allowd to say what he wants and put in a big ass dig to Dave then Dave is the one that gets his pee pee whacked for defending himself and not one #@%$#$  word is said to Deke....

Pretty damn one sided.

Guess I will ante up for another couple years for this site as I hope it gets more members and discussions on these kicks ass planes.

:beerchug:

Posted

Sportpilot posts and statements from the "list"....

Mark, on the list posts...

"As far as a Sport Pilot using an experimental homebuilt aircraft. I believe it is required to test the flight characteristics at gross weight during the 40 hour phase and record the results in the log book"

He "believes".... he believes...,  but will not show a reference to back up his "beliefs".

It is not stipulated in FAA regs, or his ops limits.

Again, as was said, looking for made up reasons to justify fiction.

And we are missing the whole point here....... one has nothing to do with the other..."so called gross weight, and maximum takeoff weight.... One is a structural limitation, the other is an operating limitation.

Steve

Posted

"just wondering... do you log the maximum weight in your log book for each takeoff ??? "

I asked this same question over the phone in a "conversation" with Joe Norris...  all I got was "ahh's?"...., and "well....?," Then I received email from him asking not to bring the subject again, as he had already "explained" in on his site.

He quite accepting comments and questions on the subject of ExperimentalAmateur Built LSA relationship soon after that.

You would see that he also claimed that the "Wag-Aero" Cub kit is not eligible for use by sport pilots.... because the "gross weight" was to high...,  and the plane wasn't even built yet...

But wait...you can't see, cuz now that the entire site has been changed and there is no LightsportLSA topic.... it's all been deleated. All the crap he put up is gone.  http://www.youngeagles.org/questions/default_askexpert.asp

Here is a copy of the message I sent to "Jay" in regards to his post....

Jay,

First, Joe Norris's opinion stated on his site is contrary to the FAA's published rules and regulations, and soon after the discussions, both email and land line, with Morris, he quit making statements on that site. Nothing new has been posted there in over a year now.  He got caught with his foot in his mouth and quit taking questions since he would have to admit he was providing wrong info.

"Did you not like the answer from EAA?"

As a professional FAA representative, (look me up in the FAA site) I do not rely on the EAA to provide correct regulatory information. I go straight to the source, in this case.... http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/sport_rule.pdf

Now, you take some time and read this"official" document, then come back and tell me, and others, that Norris is correct.

Steve

And then....

If you are truly interested in the subject, checkout http://avidfoxflyers.com/index.php, and recently, in regards to this particular thread, http://avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?topic=169.0 and http://avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?topic=170.0

Steve

Steve

Posted

I think he is talking about phase I of the initial flight requirements.  It still kills me that the guys cant get past the kit manufactures "suggested gross weight" and what you, the fricken builder decide you want to give it.

The other subject is the term "max take off weight" and max gross weight.. how can one be so damn stupid as to not be able to understand the difference between the two. 

But alas, all this is just the rambling of an ameture hobbiest LMAO.

Posted

amateur hobbyist"

HA HA... I wondered how long it would take for that to come back at me.

Main Entry: am·a·teur   

Pronunciation: ?a-m?-(?)t?r, -?tu?r, -?tyu?r, -?chu?r, -ch?r

Function: noun

: one who engages in a pursuit, study, science, or sport as a pastime rather than as a profession

hobbyist

Main Entry: hobby

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural hobbies

: a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation

— hob·by·ist  -b?-ist noun

"It's not an insult to say a dead man...is dead"  :beerchug:

ODYSSEUS

"Troy"

Posted

then one could say that for 6 months out of the year I am a professional hobbiest lol

I was just busting your hump and was more of a slam to mr. dickhead on the other site in the event that he reads it.. we seem to have alot of guests that read threads yet never reply.

Posted

Slip a link to "here" ( http://avidfoxflyers.com/index.php)  into a post "over there" and watch the counts go way, way up.

Someone there asked about the this site recently, perhaps the group just needs a little "direction"

Steve

Posted

lol.. we both did a few dyas ago.. in a thread that should have got a few guys over here....  I will see what I can work it into.

Posted

Uhhhh, where do I find the max gross weight for my E-LSA?????  Ohhhh, I forgot, only two place "ultralights" can be licensed asw E-LSA, right? :)'  Really, I don't think some of them folks have much reading comprehension, nor how to research anything for themselves.

Got any warm weater up your way yet leneord?

John Hart

Posted

And, in case you didn't notice, i didn't use the spell checker in my last post!  :-[

John Hart

Posted

Hello everyone I have a rather stupid question to ask, please bear with me I am a total newbie.

I recently finished working on a documentary mini-dv which i entered in a film festival. Turned out they like it and now they are asking for a HD digital version of it for screening. How do i turn SD mini-dv to HD dv? And now the stupid question: whats the point? since the movie was shot in SD is the quality going to upgrade by transfering to HD??

Thanks >.<

_______

=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===

Posted

I use Pinacle software for my vids.  I can save a mini DV to HD, and it does clear it up a little bit, but no where near as good as if you shoot it in HD to begin with.

:beerchug: