Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gross weight on the AW cert....not there.

2 posts in this topic

Posted

"Any builder can specify the maximum takeoff weight of his aircraft, and have the special airworthiness certificate list the maximum takeoff weight as 1320 pounds "

John,

could you post a picture of your AW cert..., or any "application form", and show where it indicates or stipulates a weight of any type?

Here are mine.... (attached)

The thing is, it's irrelevant... since the LSA MTOW is an operating limitation, not a number, such as found on a TCDS, which is the only place you will find the weight limits on certificated aircraft. (it is not included on aw certs)

Data Plates....

" We now know that the aircraft must be identified by means of a fireproof plate containing the information specified in 45.13, the pertinent part of which states:

45.13 Identification data.

(a) The identification required by § 45.11(a) and (B) shall include the following information:

(1) Builder's name.

(2) Model designation.

(3) Builder's serial number.

(4) Type certificate number, if any.

(5) Production certificate number, if any

You'll note that items number 4 and 5 would not apply to amateur-built aircraft, so items 1 through 3 are the only info required on an amateur-built aircraft data plate."

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:xI7JFO_M4okJ:members.eaa.org/home/homebuilders/faq/Data%2520Plate.html+experimental+aircraft+data+plate&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Any more flight time on the IV? Hope it's going well. :beerchug:

Airworthiness.pdf

Posted

No, the only place I can find a "gross weight" indicated on my Eperimental Kitfox is on the data plate (which is not an FAA requirement) and in the weight and balance calculations.  I was wrong about it being on the Special Airworthiness certificate.  And, I may be wrong about a "Gross weight" being on the application, I haven't looked lately.  I was almost certain that the weight and balance calculations had to be presented to the DAR or Inspector issuing the Special Airworthiness Certificate, but I didn't look that up either.  I'm getting about as bad as some other folks! :-[