Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GAS CAPS WITH TUBES - PRICES?

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone know what Kitfox wants for the caps with tubes on them?

The catalog I have does not list them.

My buddy came by today and "borrowed" my J3 caps - may need to replace them and not going to pay $110 each for new ones, and neither will he.

Got to buy a pair or build another pair.

He has a problem with air lock in feed lines from new wing tanks to header tank added per STC - We think we may have the solution - but would sure be simpler to fix if it was experimental and not some stupid STC for certified planes that others have had the same problem with.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

You will probably have to call Kitfox to get a price on them.  The ones you posted in the other thread from AC spruce wont fit you tanks :dunno:

:BC:

Posted (edited)

You will probably have to call Kitfox to get a price on them.  The ones you posted in the other thread from AC spruce wont fit you tanks :dunno:

Leni - I've got to ask "Why not?" - since I've had them on my tanks already???

These are original Piper - of course not J3, but from PA with wing tanks, or Luscomb or Maule - and not from Spruce. These had the original LEATHER gaskets, which were getting bad, so we removed them and will buy neoprene gaskets to replace them.

Maybe I have oddball tanks from Ron's, and KITFOX caps wont fit mine?

ED

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I guess the little guy doing the I dont know thing should have been preceeded by a ? :lol:     "The ones you posted in the other thread from AC spruce wont fit you tanks" ??  :dunno: 

I was asking that because I thought that they would, and I would think the experimental caps from ACS would probly be cheaper than the caps from Kitfox, but I could be wrong.

Posted (edited)

I guess the little guy doing the I dont know thing should have been preceeded by a ?  :lol:     "The ones you posted in the other thread from AC spruce wont fit you tanks" ??  :dunno: 

I was asking that because I thought that they would, and I would think the experimental caps from ACS would probly be cheaper than the caps from Kitfox, but I could be wrong.

Maybe I no sprecken "Spruce" as well as you - or forgot to take my memory pill this morning? :lol:

When you said "Spruce", I was thinking of the Piper caps that they sell for $110 each - Had forgotten about possibly seeing an experimental cap in their book with tubes - Will go back and check that out.

Sorry for the confusion. You are probably right - Spruce is usually cheaper than KF.

Anyway, he cant use "experimental" caps on his "certified", so mine are probably going to a new home.

Thanks again,

ED in MO

p.s. Leni, Do you have a part #? I have looked all thru Spruce and Wicks and found no ACS caps with tubes on them. Wag had a cap with straight tube for $37.

ED

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

crap, maybe it was WAG.. I was going off memory and did not actually look up the other thread.... My guess would be that Kitfox is getting them from a place like WAG then marking them up from there but I could be wrong.

Posted

crap, maybe it was WAG.. I was going off memory and did not actually look up the other thread.... My guess would be that Kitfox is getting them from a place like WAG then marking them up from there but I could be wrong.

No problem - just back to DIY - which is where I started - still got my sconce tubes and a tubing bender if I need it.

Thanks,

Ed