Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

10 day Daddy-Daughter road trip

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I just returned home from a week long trip to North Central Idaho where I grew up. It was just my 3.5 year old daughter and myself. The drive was pretty brutal but she actually did pretty good considering I put just shy of 2000 miles on my truck. I hadn't been home with her since she was 6 months old. There was plenty of firsts this trip for sure. I hope she remembers some of it! I know I will!!  Some of you guys will be familiar with this area. 

Coming over the top of the Whitebird Hill looking at the Grangeville Prarie

IMG_0425.jpg

There were a couple of NASTY snow squawls across the Gville Prarie. I wouldn't want to get caught in one of these bad boys! I've never seen something like this surrounded by Blue sky

IMG_0432-1.jpg

A typical Idaho road on GPS. This one happens to be the Greer Grade where Hwy 11 leaves Hwy 12

IMG_0442-1.jpg

My daughter near Aquarius campground on the Northfork of the Clearwater River. I grew up in this same area....was awesome watching my own kid play there. 

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0494-1.jpg

First time on a 4-wheeler

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0546-1.jpg

There were a ton of awesome waterfalls up there this time of year from the Runoff

IMG_0524.jpg

First time meeting Great Gma

IMG_0558.jpg

Playing in my parents backyard...the same one I grew up in

IMG_0569.jpg

First time roasting a weenie on a real campfire 

IMG_0581.jpg

City park in Orofino Idaho

IMG_0593-1.jpg

First time driving a boat...even if it was on the trailer she had fun

IMG_0605.jpg

More 4-wheeler riding

IMG_0640.jpg

Stopped by Rome Station on the way home...Strip is dry and in good shape. They have 87 ethanol fuel available for about $4.50 a gallon. If nothing else they have a bathroom and some snacks if you find yourself in that area and needing a break. 

IMG_0644.jpg

I decided to play with my Drift a little bit. The editing on this is really lame but you get the idea. 

My attempt at some nature video using my Drift camera. Watch in High Def and full screen if your connection allows it. 

Like I said... what an amazing trip! It's tough to do these types of things when you live in the city. I am going to try harder to get to the mountains more often. I had forgotten how awesome it is growing up where you don't have to worry about getting hit by a car or snatched up by someone.
2 people like this

Posted

Great trip and photos Joey -

ED in MO

Posted

Priceless! Do as often as practical, everything else can wait. Trust me, they grow up soooooo fast. :(

Posted

Thirty years ago this spring my four year old son and I drove back togeather from the tri cities area in Washington state back to Mn. Just the two of us also. It was quite a trip. I'll have to ask him what he remembers of it. And yes they do grow up fast. Looking back, it seems like those 30 years went by way to fast. Enjoy them as much as you can, while you can. Maybe you've heard of the song by Harry Chapin called Cats in the Cradle. It sure is true! Jim

Posted

Same as the other guys have said Joey.  My very best memories growing up were the road trips my dad and I took.  From the road trips to Chicago every couple weeks to pick up a new building when I was 5, to the 5 month long wander the states and see where the road brought us trips when I was 14-17, every mile is burned into my memory. 

:BC:

Posted

Awsome Joey, keep it up.  Next time a flying father/daughter trip to ID?

Posted

That would be awesome Randy. I am going to have to learn how to pack lighter though. I had most of the interior of my Double Cab Tundra full and a sled, stroller, and tricycle in the back.

Posted

I hear you; sometimes the little ones take more gear than the adults.  You may have to employ a ground support vehicle!

Posted

I hear you; sometimes the little ones take more gear than the adults.  You may have to employ a ground support vehicle!

Or we need to get off our butts and get the belly pod issue straightened out and on the market!  I can haul alot more than I have room to carry right now.

:BC:

Posted

Cool post Joey! Thanks for sharing!