Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ok guests what do you want to see here

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I know there are alot of lurkers and guests poking around here, and I am wondering what it will take to get you to post up.

Dont be afraid to say or do anyting that will get you banned here.. within and very few rules nothing is gonna get you banned, we may hack on you a little but not too bad.

Posted

Hey, I already been hacked at!  Just because I made a comment that was incorrect, too!  :-[  But, that don't mean nothin' except I DID make a mistake.  Ain't the first time I've been wrong about something and it probably won't be the last mistake I make either. :beerchug: :beerchug: 

As a matter of fact, I think it's great when we can discuss opinions and be told when we are wrong and check out things in the references to prove or disprove our opinions.  It's a lot like military flight crewmembers on an aircraft working together to get the job done.  It's not important who points out a mistake, but it is important to pay attention that the mistake was pointed out, and to accept the responsibility for it, correct it, and move on, not to get in a p***ing contest because you think you are right. 

John Hart

Posted

nobody was hacking on ya, just trying to acertain the facts.  I have looked at several guys paperwork up here and NO ONE has anything in the paperwork about a mystical gross weight.  I am sure as a military aviator, you are aware that the MAXIMUM Takeoff Weight and the gross weight of an aircraft are two seperate things.... the same as a maximum landing weight.  Why everyone insists on using the term gross weight instead of "takeoff" weight is beyond me.

:beerchug:

Posted

Awww, shucks, I feel neglected now!  Nobody wants to hack on me.  :) 

Hey, I knew you weren't picking on me, just pointing out the errors, and if that had happened while I was flying in the military, it would have been the same kind of thing.  Somebody would have let me know, in no uncertain terms, that I blew it. 

Yes, there are different weights specified for different things - maximum gross weight, maximum takeoff weight, maximum landing weight (which can be less than maximum takeoff weight), even maximum G-loading weights limiting some manuevers, and maximum forward, aft, or lateral CG limit weights for some aircraft.  Good exmple of the last one comes to mind of lateral loading of a single rotor helicopter with a maximum load on the left side.  Lateral control limits can be exceeded while lifting off to a hover in some cases.  That can be embarrassing!

John Hart :beerchug:

Posted

dont know if you are interested or not, but the FAA is way behind on conformity inspections and I heard that they are looking for someone or several people who have a clue about Alaska flying and bush carriers.  If you were interested in coming back up and wanted a little work on the side it may be an option.

now to hack on you.... were you the dumbass that overloaded the heli and turned turttle on takeoff?  :lol:

Posted

This conformity thing, is that with the Anchorage FSDO?  I used help write and dissemenate the Part 135 operating limitations there, as well as helped with the confomity inspections.  Been a long tim, but I do have the FAA Academy training on that stuff, but I doubt that they would want an old fart like me up there unless they are hiring summer help these days.

Nope, I wasn't the dumbass that did that!  It was another one!  ;D  The only helicopters I ever broke was due to small arms fire, and I ain't gonna accept being the cause of those incidents.  :beerchug: :beerchug:

Posted

I know that several of the guys have retired and they are hurting bad.  One local outfit has been waiting over a year to have a conformity inspection done on a new plane they want to add to the fleet.  May be able to work out a part time gig?  Yes it is working out of the ANC FSDO from what I have been told.  A buddy of mine was a witness in a case against a 135 operator he had worked for in the past and the feds hit him up trying to get him to come to work for them.  They cant find anyone with alaska time or knowledge.  Atleast that was the story a few months ago.

Spudding one in due to small arms fire is a plausible excuse, I guess we can let that one slide.  Thanks for your service!  That is what has given us the right to have open formums like this one.