Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

R.I.P. 'Sophie' 12/22/03 - 4/27/13

5 posts in this topic

Posted

We are a dog loving family, always have been, because our pets seem to love us more than they love themselves. They are always up for anything, whether it’s some outside time on a sunny afternoon or curling up on a night in. They are always content just to spend time close to us. They become such a part of our family it's hard to lose one.

Tough as it is, as loving stewards we have an unspoken covenant with our pets that we will euthanize, if it is necessary. In the final analysis, only the owner can really understand when the time is right. And even then, emotions still make it so difficult. This is the ultimate loving act for our beloved companion animals. It is for them, regardless of the effects on us, that we must do this and the decision is made. Only nine years young but it was time.

We get so much love and delight from our beloved pets in life, and we grieve deeply for them when they die. Because of the unique enhancement they give to our lives they become a treasured part of us, forever. When a dear pet's life ends, more dies than just a cherished friend and companion. Since we make them into living symbols of our own innocence and purest feelings, a treasured secret part of each of us also dies. This can be reborn as we slowly pick up our shattered emotional pieces and move on. Our dear pets bless us, just as we do them, and they enrich and prepare us for our moving on in life. The loving memories become a permanent part of who we are, and they live on, in our hearts.

Thanks for everything Sophie baby, R.I.P. You got dealt a bad hand but played it magnificently and lived like no other. Do they play 'Cheetos On a String' in Doggie Heaven? Tell Lucy and Millie we love them, we sure do miss you guys! Charlie doesn't quite know what to do with himself now.

post-53-0-35422000-1367300184_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-47719400-1367300234_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-50506100-1367300315_thumb.jpg

Posted

So sorry for your loss, Doug. The loss of a family member is very tough.

We lost our Sophie in 2011. She had been my moms and came to live with us when my mom passed in 2009. She was 17 years old. http://theav8rweb.com/sophie.htm

Posted

Very sorry to hear the sad news.  I will miss throwing the ball over, and over, and over again.  Hope to see you and yours soon.  Russ.

Posted

It is amazing to me how attached we get to our furry family members.  I spent more on my last one than I have on some of my kids just to try and keep him around for another 6 months.  In the end I had to make the same decision you did.  That was 2 yrs ago and I am still not ready to try and replace him.

Sophie was a great looking pup Doug, sorry for you loss.

Posted

Sorry for your loss, Doug.  If you're like our family you'll always look at Sophie's favorite spots around the house and see her there just from your memories.