Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

two faced...or what??

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Series 5 Light Sport   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOORAY! HOORAY!

SOMEONE has finally gone the distance and found some

DEFINITIVE information. (I hope.) Jay, may we have a source for this

quote? I'd like to know who it came from so we can ascertain their credentials.

Now before anyone thinks I was rooting either way, I wasn't

and I'm not. Indeed I hoped that Steve was right and that he would

publish definitive proof sooner or later. All I wanted was data, not opinion.

Guy Buchanan

San Diego, CA

What a crock.... What is more definitive then the FAA itself, and http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/sport_rule.pdf

"Now before anyone thinks I was rooting either way...."

Excuse me????

"All I wanted was data, not opinion."

Here's your friggin data Guy.....  http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/sport_rule.pdf

As I said before... "the Pope Himself......."

"Indeed I hoped that Steve was right...."

Oh please....

"may we have a source for this quote?"

Naturally, any quote found on the Internet will take precedent over the FAA....in Guys mind.

(find the reference to Joe Norris elsewhere on this site. ) Note: Joe Norris is NOT the EAA, just someone who wrote for them, and got it wrong. I don't fault the EAA in general, just the dribble Norris published at one time.

Steve

PS...It would be nice if it was pointed out to "list" readers that I am unable to reply or respond to Guys comments there due to ...whatever.  Not a very fair way to spread information. Sort of childish....

Posted

damn I need to come up with a kicking the beehive emoticon.  It was very hard for me to hold my tounge or should I say resrtain my fingers from typing a reply to Guy on that one... I pretty damn much had typed what you said pretty close to word for word lol.. I was gonna ask if he had read the ruling for himself and if so, what the hell more info did he need?  I hit the back button instead of reply though as I knew he would give me the boot again for it.

At the end of the day, here is my bottom line.  If I want to fly a plane, any damn plane, in any manner I wish I will do so.  Just because the regs say I can or cant put X amount of weight in and be "legal" as long as I am safe, I will do as i want. 

OK lets say that you have lost a medical and you want to fly under sport pilot, or just say piss on it and fly anyway, what is gonna happen.... not a damn thing.  I personally know a guy that had 130 something charges against him (a part 135 operator that happens to owe me money for doing a dead of winter otter retreival operation for him) that was found guilty on all charges.. they took his A&P and AI away as well as commercial certificate.. guess what, the very next day he was flying clients.  This past winter he re-built an otter and sold the damn thing.  What happened to him... not a damn thing.  fly the hell outa your plane at what ever weight you feel comfortable at as there is not a f#$king gross weight documented on your damn experimental plane to begin with.