Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

anything new?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Morning asshats <it is not bashing I am one too :lol:

Anyone working on anything or doing any flying?  I got stuck with daddy duties and took the family camping for 10 days last time home so I did not touch the Avid at all last time home.  I made it clear that I had a free apss to spend my entire hitch on the plane this time and no daddy duties and very limited husband duties (as in only when the urge strikes me lol).  With a little luck, I canget my head out of my ass long enough to the actually get the plane in the air.

I just picked up a 295 and I ordered the airgizmo in pannel docking mount for it.  Anyone ever used one?  comments good or bad?  Dont want to take the time to install the mount if it has issues such as the plastic breaking and spitting the GPS out in your lap on short final etc.

:beerchug:

Posted

Leni....

Garmin 295... Excellent...... cuz I have one too.

Attached is a picture of where I have the mount.  Easy to see and reach. The wires to the right are the power cord and external antenna.

I have the Airgizmo panel mount too but will probably never use it for this plane.

Steve

5 minutes later.....

Opps...I just remembered ...I have a 296.... pretty close to the 295. Still... the mounting location is ideal for me.

321_004_JPG3c031428148e3308c65dc7388d8b5

Posted

would be nice, but my avid does not have the center console... I pulled the radio, loran, and transponder out of the middle of the panel si I will put it right in the middle, with a slight angle towards me. 

Posted

damn, looks like things died out in here.. hope it is just that you guys are out flying your planes instead of couped up inside on the key boards.  I made arrangements to have a guy cover my wing for me so I can hopefully get it done sometime in August and get to flying my own plane instead of putting a butt load of hours on my brothers :lol:

:beerchug: