Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Just bought Avid Catalina N157AB

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A couple weeks ago I bought one very, very nearly complete Catalina N157AB down in Florida.  I'm trailering her home to Seattle in short legs; she's currently stored near Dallas.

The nice thing about this plane is it has thorough construction manuals and documentation.  I hope to get these all scanned and available soon.

I'm pretty excited to get her home and get to working on the todo list.  Please recommend any further Catalina resources and groups that may be out there, I'm eager to interact and learn. 

post-614-0-31499100-1371354231_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-10938900-1371354011_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-70857200-1371354186_thumb.jpgpost-614-0-87391000-1371354187_thumb.jpgpost-614-0-72795200-1371354188_thumb.jpg

Edited by cowlove

Posted

Very cool! Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately there is only a handful of Catalina owners that are active on the web. Maybe you can change that! There is a fairly active Yahoo email listing. Other than that your going to find a lot of great information here. Looking forward to your trip home report and first flight report!

Posted

Welcome aboard!  Your plane looks like it is ready to fly.  They are a neat plane that we don't get to hear too much about;  I look forward to hearing about your flying experiences with it.

Posted

Welcome aboard! That looks like one beautiful boat, once you splash in you're hooked, eh? IIRC, Tom Lyons (sp?) had a Catalina project posted on the Expercraft.com online builder log website. You might find some good pics and tips there, maybe his contact info too. Keep us posted on your progress please!

Posted

That is one SEXY bird!  I was all excited to get to fly Akflyerbobs, but he seems to have lost interest in it right now.  I may have to go over and relight the fires soon!

I am very intersted to hear how the planes does with the 582.  I think solo it will get off pretty quick, but loaded it may be a long take off and slow climbout!

:BC:

Posted

Great Purchase! Looks great!