Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dimensions of Kitfox 582 oversize belly radiator?

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sweet!  I like the duct you made to keep the cowling air above the radiator! 

I think I spy a MK IV fuse in the back ground...

:BC:

The MK IV fuselage has been cut up and disposed of since that picture. It was severely damaged.

That duct made a 40 degree difference in my cooling temps.

Dan

Edited by dav8or

Posted

My brother made a shroud and flap on his old KF that had a vernier control right next to the flap handle.  It worked awesome and you could dial the temp to exactly where you wanted it.  It was crude but very functional.

Posted

My brother made a shroud and flap on his old KF that had a vernier control right next to the flap handle.  It worked awesome and you could dial the temp to exactly where you wanted it.  It was crude but very functional.

That is pretty much what I have planned. I already have the shape of the shroud built with insulation foam. I just need to get busy and start laying the fiberglass over it. Then I will make a simple flap at the back controlled by some type of vernier or push/pull cable.

I hadn't thought of putting it right below the seats but that might be a great location. I could probably make a simple rod attched to the flap with some type of detents or friction device to hold the adjustment.

Dan

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nice job Dan. Thanks for posting the pics.

The aluminum diverter likely keeps muffler heat from going directly into the radiator while simultanously directing cool air in.

Edited by allonsye