Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB Stewart system Eko Bond

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm down to just the rudder, elevator and horizontal stabilizer and just about out of glue, does anyone have just a little eko bond left you're not using? I hate to spend 50 bucks for a whole quart, let me know how much you want for it. If I can't find some soon I will just bite the bullet I'm hoping to be in the air in a couple months. Finished taping the fuselage yesterday.

Edited by C5Engineer
Mod editor

Posted

Not sure what happened up there maybe one of the mods can fix it.

Fixed...not sure what you were after in the original post. Shoot me a message offline if you are having issues with the software.....

C5Engineer (Joey)

Posted

Robert,

Contact Stewarts directly and see how little they will sell you - just explain that you ran out - they sold us one pint of paint when we did the J3.

EDMO

Posted

Joey thanks for fixing it,

Ed, good idea if nobody has any to get rid of soon I will give them a call and see what they can do. i still have about 1"+- in the bottom of my gal jug so it wont take much. should have had enough from the start but my learning curve in the beginning used up a bit extra :dunno: oh well thats the cost of learning i guess

-Robert-

Posted

Robert,

You may know, the shelf life on the Stewart glue is two years - paint is one year.

Our little bit left over from the J3 is too old for use - otherwise I would offer it.

The latest I have heard from Stewarts is that you need to sand any time you put on another layer of paint - they used to say you could paint within a day without sanding - but tests showed otherwise.

I should be painting now - but shoulder injury set me back about 18 months so far.

EDMO

Posted

Contacted stewarts and Jason was very helpful he is going to set me up with just a pint of glue, as for painting you are supposed to start each coat 10 min after starting the one before it. then light sand for the second color after the first has set up of course. what is the best type of tape for masking I've used the blue painters tape on other projects but it always seems to bleed a bit, was thinking about the green frog tape, any suggestions?

-Robert-