Avid Construction Manual

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

My friend got an avid mark I've that his dad started to build and didn't get a chance to finish. He doesn't have the manuals to the airplane and I've been looking everywhere and this is the closest I've got to finding any info, but the manuals won't open. I need help trying to find where I can go so I can double check the work my friends dad made so far and I can finish the plane. I really exited about flying this mark four but the specifications, poh, operators manual, maintenance manuals, diagrams, inspections are next to impossible to find. 

Here is what I know, is a speedwing that has two fuel tanks I assume 18 gal in each wing. Has a rotax 618 UL DCDI. Other than that I've been going thru the entire plane looking at hardware, linkage and trying to figure it out. If anyone can help me or guide me in the right direction on finding info and manuals for it I'll appreciate it. Thanks In advance. 

Look in the files and forms area all that stuff is there. I've uploaded it all. The only files that currently wont open are the actual build manual. I have a complete manual as well. 

Posted

I have uploaded new files to the first post.  If you are still having troubles downloading the files please let me know and I will try to figure something out.

I can scan the manuals here at work if you want to send me your book... ok, I will have my document control clerk scan them I will just get the files to post :lol:

If you want to send me your manual PM me and we can get that figured out.

:BC:

Posted

I have a whole Avid Flyer MK IV build manual in a binder ready to be scanned. I started once and realized how much work it is, and gave up. The foldout pages certainly complicate things. Anyone volunteer to scan my copy and return the original?

Kinkos federal express.  They do charge for it but you get the 11" x 17" done right.

Posted

i tried to download it but i won't open. it says "There was an error opening this document. The root object is missing or invalid."

Posted

i tried to download it but i won't open. it says "There was an error opening this document. The root object is missing or invalid."

Have you made sure your adobe is up to date?

Posted (edited)

Fedex Kinko's is a possibility for the copy, but they charge about $0.50 per page and so the 250 pages is a hefty sum, and frankly, I already have a copy!

akflyer, those files have been corrupt for a while, I tried every trick in the book months ago, too.

Edited by nlappos

Posted

They open for me just fine…  ??

Posted

Fedex Kinko's is a possibility for the copy, but they charge about $0.50 per page and so the 250 pages is a hefty sum, and frankly, I already have a copy!

akflyer, those files have been corrupt for a while, I tried every trick in the book months ago, too.

I deleted the old files yesterday and uploaded new ones.  They open just fine on my computer.

My scanner here at work will do the 11X17 as well and it will zip through the scanning process in a few minutes.  If there are good pictures in it I can scan in color and high res, it will just make the files larger is all but it would probably help out a lot of people.  If you want to send me the manual I can scan it and post it as well.  I will even pay shipping both ways.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

AKFlyer,

Thank you this manual has been a life saver for my Avid C model project.

2 people like this

Posted

Leni,

I have an extra manual.

Posted

Hi,

I just get uncompleted Avid Catalina kit from my friend with have no manual in it.

Is anyone have Avid Catalina construction manual and willing to share, will be appreciated.

I need it to complete the missing parts and start to build.

Many thanks for your help,

Preddy

Posted

I have the build manuals for an Avid MK iv.

Free, just pay shipping.

Jim Miller  404-409-5308

Posted

Hi

I just downloaded the manuals. They are great but I have a question. Are they ok for the C model ?

thanks

Posted

Most things should be the same from the C model to the MK IV.  Stuff like radiator mounting is probably different, but the radiator way back inside the cowl wasn't very effective either from what I've read.  Actually, the cheek radiators have to be sealed pretty good to the cowl or they run a bit warm as well.  Probably going with the Kitfox style belly radiator is a better option.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Belly Radiator on a D or C model

My Mark IV with a 582 and with two cheek radiators was never cool in the summer, no matter how I sealed around the cowling (and even cut the nostril opening wider). I had to step climb in the summer to let the radiator temp come down.

I added the belly radiator when I upgraded to the 670, (which put out much more heat) and my water temp was entirely copesetic after that. I had to drop the radiator about an inch after initial install to get better air for cooling. I think the install cost me a little speed, but the basic machine isn't very slick, so who knows?

Posted

My model C build manual is actually called a model D build manual, which I guess was the original name for what became the Mark IV.  Mine has most of the MK IV mods, like the cheek radiators and the round tail.