Avid Construction Manual

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

well lets see if this works.  I had to break the manual into several different parts to get the file size down to an uploadable level....

This manual is posted for educational purposes only..

Manual part 2.pdf

Manual Part 1.pdf

Manual part 3.pdf

Manual part 4.pdf

Manual Part 5.pdf

D model Lube and rest of manual.pdf

D model Chaper III Cooling System.pdf

D model Chapt II Fuel system.pdf

D model Engine and cowl Chapter 1.pdf

Edited by akflyer
updated manual files
6 people like this

Posted

still going..

Avid AD's.pdf

2 people like this

Posted

MANY Thanks for uploading these. They'll be a big help with my new Avid MK-IV project.

The manual parts 1 thru 5 downloaded easily, but the Avid AD's still won't download. Looking forward to the Parts list!

Thanks again!

Dave

Posted

well lets see if this works.  I had to break the manual into several different parts to get the file size down to an uploadable level....

great stuff well worth the ink and paper

Posted

still going..

Leni,

When you get a chance, can you re-load the AD's? I get an error when I try to download them.

A new Avid guy from down south is buying an A model that has been siting in a barn for 20 years and never flown. It has several later model mods done to it but it will be important for him to have the AD's list to be sure all of them have been done or so he can take care of them before he gets it into the air. Hopefully he will joint the forum with us. It is interesting in that it has a 532 in it mounted upright with a modified cowl and radiator in the nose and not on the side. I don't know much about the 532 verses the 582 except for the single ignition; maybe some of you guys can give him pointers on it?

Posted

Leni,

When you get a chance, can you re-load the AD's? I get an error when I try to download them.

A new Avid guy from down south is buying an A model that has been siting in a barn for 20 years and never flown. It has several later model mods done to it but it will be important for him to have the AD's list to be sure all of them have been done or so he can take care of them before he gets it into the air. Hopefully he will joint the forum with us. It is interesting in that it has a 532 in it mounted upright with a modified cowl and radiator in the nose and not on the side. I don't know much about the 532 verses the 582 except for the single ignition; maybe some of you guys can give him pointers on it?

Hi Leni,

I think this might have gotten covered up before you saw it

Posted

OK lets try this one.

Avid AD\'s.pdf

Posted (edited)

OK lets try this one.

ADs still not downloading correctly. A possibility..... Only use letters in the file name, ie: ADs instead of AD/s or AD's.

Dave

Edited by Dave B

Posted

ADs still not downloading correctly. A possibility..... Only use letters in the file name, ie: ADs instead of AD/s or AD's.

Dave

hmm, that is weird, I just downloaded them on 2 different computers here at work. I will try and upload from a different computer. I dont know why it put the extra slash in the file mane because it is not in the original file name..

upload from a computer at work..

BC.gif

Avid AD.pdf

Posted

Thanks a ton Randy and Leni. I'll feel much more confident inspecting the prospective Avid armed with the AD info.

Really appreciate all the help.

Doug

1 person likes this

Posted

Can anybody help me with a couple of parts ... F 38 and F 39. What exactly are the real part numbers for these rod ends? I need some for a rebuild project and don't have any.

Posted

Pages 2-17 thru 2-21 are missing. Would it be possible to post those pages?

Thanks

Paul

Posted

Pages 2-17 thru 2-21 are missing. Would it be possible to post those pages?

Thanks

Paul

If you scroll to the bottom of part 2 you will find the 2A pages. I think these are the missing pages and it is just the way that the manual I got was laid out. They show the alternate construction methods or steps for speed wings versus HH or STOL and he was trying to keep from confusing himself by putting those pages at the end instead on in the middle of the steps he was trying to accomplish.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

If you scroll to the bottom of part 2 you will find the 2A pages. I think these are the missing pages and it is just the way that the manual I got was laid out. They show the alternate construction methods or steps for speed wings versus HH or STOL and he was trying to keep from confusing himself by putting those pages at the end instead on in the middle of the steps he was trying to accomplish.

Got it, thanks a lot. I purchased a Mark IV kit with a 912 that I will be picking up this weekend so I am previewing the plans now before I get the plans with the kit.

Paul

Posted

Got it, thanks a lot. I purchased a Mark IV kit with a 912 that I will be picking up this weekend so I am previewing the plans now before I get the plans with the kit.

Paul

Got ya. The book I posted up was kind of a mix that I got from another fellow and the factory updates were spotty at best. It may call out a step for a model B or C but show a picture of the model A so it is really kind of confusing at times.

I did have some of the MK IV addendum that was in mine also, but not a full MK IV manual.

Is this an unstarted kit or are you getting a partialy built project? Dont be afraid to post up some pictures of the build as you go. It seems that our other builders kinda ran out of steam on the picture posting so we are all in the dark on the most recent progress....

BC.gif

Posted

This is a kit with little done to it. There has been nothing done on the wings which is a good thing. The owner has passed. I will plan on posting some photos as I go. I am flying a Q-2 with a Jabiru 3300 that I completed back in 97. This is going to be my fishing airplane with Idaho in mind. I flew the company demo plane back in the mid 90's a Caldwell and just about ordered a kit at that time but opted for the Q-2. Guess I never quite got the Avid out of my system. Thanks for posting the manual, it allow me to read thru it so I am better prepared.

Leaving at 5:00 am tomorrow to go pick it up. I am hoping to make it to a fly-in to look at some Avid's and KF this summer. Anyone know of any fly-ins here in the west this summer?

Paul

Posted

Having trouble downloading the 5 manual files. Correction I can down load them but they wont open.They seem to be corrupted. I even tried them at work but still did not work. The AD file worked ok. 

Posted

I have the same problem: Invalid or missing root object in the pdf. This occurs whether downloaded in a PC or a Mac. Any thoughts?

Posted

is your reader updated?  are you telling it to open it or to save it?  You may have to open it up, then save it to get it to work right.

Posted

Having the same problems as Avid Bob and rampil, none of the files will open three different Mac computers  using 3 different versions of Adobe.  Tried opening from the existing locations and downloading before opening.. same message there is Invalid or missing root object.  Best guess the files were not saved when they were uploaded to the forum and became corrupted.

Posted

I dont think I have the files on my work computer, they were on my old laptop that cratered on me.  I will do some digging and see if I can find a jump drive that may possibly have the files on it and try to upload them again.

Posted

Did anyone find a solution for opening the PDF files? I get "Invalid or missing root object in the pdf". Does anyone have a working version that could be posted or sent to me fred.stork @ orange.fr (but without the spaces around @) 

Thanks in advance

Fred

Posted

Fred we will work and getting these back online. Please keep an eye on this thread.

Posted

Hello,

My friend got an avid mark I've that his dad started to build and didn't get a chance to finish. He doesn't have the manuals to the airplane and I've been looking everywhere and this is the closest I've got to finding any info, but the manuals won't open. I need help trying to find where I can go so I can double check the work my friends dad made so far and I can finish the plane. I really exited about flying this mark four but the specifications, poh, operators manual, maintenance manuals, diagrams, inspections are next to impossible to find. 

Here is what I know, is a speedwing that has two fuel tanks I assume 18 gal in each wing. Has a rotax 618 UL DCDI. Other than that I've been going thru the entire plane looking at hardware, linkage and trying to figure it out. If anyone can help me or guide me in the right direction on finding info and manuals for it I'll appreciate it. Thanks In advance. 

Posted

I have a whole Avid Flyer MK IV build manual in a binder ready to be scanned. I started once and realized how much work it is, and gave up. The foldout pages certainly complicate things. Anyone volunteer to scan my copy and return the original?

1 person likes this