Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4000 msl Landing Gold Mine Alaska

4 posts in this topic

Posted

This was my second attempt to land at a gold mine near Eureka Alaska.  First time came in hot and had to go around. Came pretty close to some tree.  Beautiful area.

This is the landing.

This is the Takeoff.

Hope you enjoy.

Posted

The only thing I noticed that you really may want to consider doing differently is to do a rolling mag check when on any surface other than pavement.  You can suck up rocks really easy and start dinging up the prop QUICKLY. 

When coming out of a high altitude strip, or any strip for that matter, dont leave any runway behind you on the take off run.  3 most useless things in an airplane are.... runway behind you, altitude above you and the gas you left at the pump..

Keep on keeping on Mr.  Glad your still flying!!

:BC:

Posted

I edited the original post to embed the video.  Just an FYI... when your on youtube, click the share link under your videos and copy that code into your post.  The software will automatically embed the video.

For some reason, if your using firefox, it wont let you highlight the text in the link, right click, copy then paste it into the post.  You have to highlight the text on youtube, then hit control C... go to the post on AFF and click where you want the video to show (under your text heading or caption) and hit control V.  This will copy, then paste the text from you tube.

Posted

Cool video! Leni what is this mag check you speak of?? :lmao: