Removing 582 oil injection

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Guys,

What needs to be done on my grey head 582 to go from oil injection to premix? Thanks, Bryce

Posted

Disconnect the cable and use premix.  I always left a little in the oil tank just to keep the pump lubed and figured it I was somewhere it would be difficult to premix I could just hook the cable back up and run straight gas with the injector.

Posted

Rotax Rick sells a plate that allows you to ditch the entire pump and plumbing and cover up the hole.

Posted

I cut my own plate out of aluminum when I removed mine.   Easy to do.

Norm

Posted

I just did this. Lockwood Aero will sell you a kit for $14 bucks if you call and ask. Has been working for me so far

Posted

Okay, stupid question time, but why are people taking the oil injection off of their 582's? I had pretty well put the Avid on hold when I got on the scales and was pushing close to 400lbs, Since Christmas I have dropped down to 170lbs and still dropping, I am back to putting the Avid together. I want the oil injection for the simplicity of being able to just put gas in the tank and oil in the other, I loved it when snowmobiles came up with this feature no more shaking a 5 gallon can for the JD 800 whoops I am starting to give away my age. We haven't had enough snow around here in years to justify spending 10 grand on a sled so everyone runs 4 wheelers and all 3 of mine are 4 stroke. I forgot, I got the one spare 9 that has oil injection so I guess I have two machines that are 2 stroke a Kasea 90 4 wheeler tha a dealer gave me when I bought a Honda Rincon from him it neede a new rubber intake boot between the carb and filter and a Yamaha snoscoot that I need to find a new home for, The last time I rode it was to try out the new track I put on it, my back doesn't take the abuse anymore.