Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking to build? Coyote, Magnum, Avid kits for sale

10 posts in this topic

Posted

First time in a while I've seen 3 unstarted Avid type kits for sale on Barnstomers at the same time. They are scattered all over the country. The gear on the coyote is beef! Too bad it's still Bungee gear.

.watermarked_8c030e28b4b9702c4082cb34c34

Posted (edited)

And, for a real cheap, 90% parts built, scratch-builder, I have a Kitfox 1 clone that I am practically giving away for $2500, OBO, with 80 hour 532 - NO wings, but includes fixtures for making ribs, and one flaperon.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

What's the story of the Coyote?  Is that another scratchbuild clone of the Avid/Kitfox?

Posted (edited)

What's the story of the Coyote?  Is that another scratchbuild clone of the Avid/Kitfox?

Unless it is something else, the Coyote is a RANS trademark name. Good birds, IMO.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

The one in Joey's photo is a Montana Coyote.  It looks to be a copy of the Avid Magnum or maybe a predecessor?

Posted (edited)

The one in Joey's photo is a Montana Coyote.  It looks to be a copy of the Avid Magnum or maybe a predecessor?

I think I remember some guy building a lighter Magnum - Don't know if it was scratch or Avid Kit-built.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Notice where the landing gear attaches? If there were 3 attachment points like an Avid has, they would be using the back 2. Tires must be about 8" in front of the front attachment. Wonder what kind of stress that puts on things. Pretty plane though! Jim

Posted

Yeah. I thought that gear looked pretty scary, too.

Posted

Just went back up and looked at the bare bones fuselage. There isn't a forward attachment point like an Avid has. Almost looks like the fus. bends in at that point so a third leg wouldn't work. Extra bracing in the gear though. Jim