Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New tailwheel

5 posts in this topic

Posted

New tail wheel. Looks twice as big as old one. Hopefully will make life easier.

Edit...fixed your post

post-40-0-42584600-1374768742_thumb.jpg

Posted

Your TW spring looks really long! If you bolt that Matco on there it looks like your prop will be in the dirt. Any plans on cutting your spring down? You'll see a big difference in takeoff distance when you lose that angle of attack on the wing. Make sure your springs are fairly snug with the Matco. It uses a little tension to relock unlike the cam on the Maule.

Posted

What would be a recommended distance for the tailwheel. I am going to put the 21" tall tires on. Currently have the 8:00x6 waffles on it. I think that should raise front by about 3 inches. I am a little worried about it.

Posted

Here is a picture of mine if it helps. I know it's too late now but you should of went with the Dual Fork set up. It sits a few inches lower than the single arm set up.

IMG_0634.jpg

This was version 2. Here is a link to when I ditched my Maule and single spring set up.

http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/topic/575-double-tw-spring-updgrade/?hl=%2Bdouble+%2Bspring

Posted

I actually thought that I ordered the double fork. The perils of on line ordering. I think it will be ok, eventually I hope to go to the 25 inch tires and the taller gear.