Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New member intro

34 posts in this topic

Posted

I really wish more of the "old" guys would open up about aviation, the experiences and hard learned lessons.  That is one issue on the kitfox list.  If you try to tell stories even aviation ones, they come down on you and get pissed because you are clogging up their "email" inbox (instead of using the forum format).  Here, I really encourage the dialog, and really am interested about how your flight went today, the cool shit you saw, the short strip you went into, the 100 hamburger etc.  There are alot of guys that are in rural areas, that really love flying, but cant go out and fly with a group of guys.  These guys want to share the experience with someone (and if your wife is like mine she could give a shit less how much fun you had flying today).  That is where people can come on here, and tell the world what ever it is they are just dying to share with someone.

:beerchug:

Posted

I'm a nooby with no plane, but I couldn't agree more.  :beerchug:

Posted

Hello i enjoyed reading your post do you know  anyone that is flying a 912 in a Model C Avid would love to hear form anyone that has or is doing one. thanks for any help you can offer.

Posted

Torch,

Glad to see you are interested in the Avid. It would be a great choice. If you notice most Avids that are for sale are speed wings. i would stay with the Stol wing. I have a Bandit with the Rotax 503 in it. This airplane does every thing I need to do. I am 200 lbs. and have had a passenger that was 235lbs, and it had no problem handling that, you just have to run the engine a little harder. When you are by yourself the airplane is awesome. I can get in and out of places that make your bottom side pucker real tight. The best I have ever done is take off circle and land in 45 seconds. Keep your Avid light and simple. I have just about 700hrs. on mine with no trouble yet.

Bandit

Posted

Thanks Bandit.  I have been looking at pictures of your ship over on Back Country Pilot I believe. Very nice and you have the right airplane, no frills just fly it light. Is it possible to use a 503 on an early model orginally equipped with a Cuyuna? I'm looking at one for sale with this powerplant.

Posted

Torch,

I am not sure if you can use a 503 or not. Maybe give Airdale a call, they should be able to answer that. An A model with a 503 would be awesome. Flew  1.5 hrs. today. They sure preform good in 15 degree weather.

Bandit

Posted

Bandit welcome to the forum. This place is growing more and more all the time.

Posted

Old thread of the day bump... We sure have all grown alot since this place's inception.

Posted

Wow here's a blast from the past. Amazing what you can learn when you log into a site like this every day for 7 years. I think we've all come a long way. Thank You everyone for your contributions over the years.

1 person likes this