Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

F7-a update

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I am late to the game on this. Where can I get the f7a bell cranks. Can I modify my bell cranks to f7a's if so what are the measurements. I saw the install instructions but without the parts kind of difficult to understand. I think that you cut out the old mixer when you install the morse cables. Could someone take some pics of the morse cable mounts and what replaces the mixer. I looked at the pics posted but did not see this info. Is there a comprehensive install guide somewhere.

Sorry for all the question but I get more confused every time I look at this.

I have a mk4

Thanks. Roy

Posted

Parts are very reasonably priced from Airdale.

Posted

I will definitely try them. He is in Oshkosh, lucky dog. I would like to make alternate plans if I run into the supply situation I have read so much about. Hopefully not an issue.

Posted

For anyone that hits on this thread:

The F7a mod is meant to be used with the Avid A-D (Mk-IV) model mixer behind the seat. It replaces a few pieces of threaded rod and tubes with newly angled pieces which helps reduce the adverse yaw by allowing up/down alieron differential. It does not replace the entire mixer mechanism nor does it move it beneath the pilot seat. See the F7-a Mod Sticky in the Technical Tasks forum for more detailed info and pics. IIRC, cost was ~$100 +S&H 5-6 years ago.

(FYI... the underseat mixer is utilized in the Avid+ and Airdale Flyer models only, however, there is a thread onsite showing the replacement of an early Avid behind-the-seat mixer with a retrofit installation of an underseat mixer.)

HTH