Nice 912 powered Avid for sale

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Not mine... it's on Barnstormers. Would make a nice plane for 20K. An 80hp Kitfox IV just sold for 30K last week.

AVID MKIV LOW TIME • $21,000 • AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY • N62PT, ELSA, 410 hrs frame & eng, 1998 Bandit w/extras. Fuse extended w/latest taller, wider gear &floor truss, Extd Speedwings & flapns, Maule T/W, 2/15g tanks & header w/ low fuel wrning, Elect trim. Rotax 912UL, 410hrs, 2005 rebuilt gbox, Sport gnd adj prop, VGs, Strobes, Nav, Taxi & lndg lites. KX125 nav/com, Headsets, KT76A Txpdr, ACK encdr, AK450 ELT, Intcom, Lo Fuel alarm, Carb Temp, EGT, ECT, Oil Tmp & Oil Prss, Fuel Prss, Rotax Tach, VSI, ALT, ASI, Trn Co, V/A, Strobes, Nav Lites, Wing Fuel Gges, Aerothane. SPORT PILOT LEGAL Fldg Wings, Hangared 100%, Insp 2013, 2E8 Dexter, Mi • Contact PETER T. WATERS, Owner - located NORTHVILLE, MI USA • Telephone: 248-924-0223 . 248-437-4244

.watermarked_d4442fa57e0b2bcf15cca966904

Posted

Scary death plane . Not sure I would want to buy it .

Posted (edited)

Old post.  Looks like the listing was proir to the crash?

Interesting story, anyone know the "Paul Harvey"? (Rest of the story)

Edited by MN Kitfox 2

Posted

Ntsb report says it was stalled on final.

Posted

:( very sad. 

Posted

Well this is always spooky to see. Seems the longer I stick around this sport the more planes I've seen as nice planes and also as piles of barely recognizable carnage. This is the 5th one that I can think of right off the top of my head. As some of you know I witnesses and was first on scene of a double fatal middair at an off airport site in 2014. If you are the person that thinks you can help like me if there's even a shred a doubt in your head that you can't handle what you might find when you get there I recommend you let others go to try and help. I've not quite been the same since that day and it completely changed the way I fly. Anyone with first responder experience on here you have my utmost respect. I can't imagine it's any easier when they are strangers but when they are friends you were hanging out at the campfire the night before with it's devastating.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It really does mess with you to see and deal with that stuff firsthand.   Gives you a great deal of respect for ptsd and the stuff police, first responders, firefighters, military, and others have to deal with mentally.

My experiences have been pretty easy in comparison, as a 18yr old: a highway speed head on auto wreck a few cars in front of me....  messy, and it too changed forever how I drive and what I now teach my kids about driving. 

And about that same time: a fella at our airport who i knew casually.  Spun his glasair in short of the field.  My CFI wathced it happen, then grabbed me and we drove over to the site but were luckily stopped by the sheriff deputy who was there first and  needed a confirmation on who took the plane up because there "was not enough left to identify".  

Glad he stopped us.

Edited by MN Kitfox 2

Posted

If you have been around 'human gore' (sorry) and don't feel that you have landed in an okay place afterwards, give professional help a chance. Swallow your pride and seek council from those who have been trained to provide it. Does not mean you are weak or nuts. I've yet to build a plane. When I do, I will not hesitate to gain understanding from those who are qualified to assist me. Same thing, really.

Posted (edited)

I have only experienced being at one deadly aircraft crash when I was with the CAP, and it was a bad scene with 2 adults and 3 children killed.  That was about 40 years ago, and your post just brought it back to my thoughts, along with memories of much highway carnage in the years I was involved in law enforcement, and scenes of Army friends who were killed along with others I didn't know while in the Military over 50 years ago.  Those memories never go away.  You just have to move on in life and be thankful that it wasn't you, as it well could have been.   BTW:  I believe this is why lots of old Military guys don't want to talk about things they went through years ago - They don't want to re-live it - Once was enough!    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I worked as an EMT in Texas panhandle , saw a lot of fatal car accidents never easy but extremely hard when you know them. I saw my daughter in the street after a car hit her and a friend in a golf cart, she made it but very bad head trauma. Joey I know what you went thru that is hard to deal with.

Posted

Sold in 2013, crashed in 2014?  How'd you guys come across that news piece and put things together from a 4 year old post?  That's some sleuthing. 

Posted

Thats easy you punch in the n number and it pops up . 

Sold in 2013, crashed in 2014?  How'd you guys come across that news piece and put things together from a 4 year old post?  That's some sleuthing.