Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Flight Manuals

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Use these at your own risks! They are for general information only.

Model C POH.pdf

post-40-0-64952500-1376735378_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-15495600-1376735873_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Some had some time on their hands to make up that POH.  One question.. Typo or would there be a reason that he listed best glide as 55 yet in the emergency procedures he says glide at 50.  I dont know about you, but if I want my plane on the ground RIGHT NOW, I just pull the nose up and slow it down.  In mine at 50 I am dropping at about 1200 FPM, 65 gives me around 750 FPM.  Not too bad for being on floats, but not too good either :lol:

:BC:

Posted

I was taught to point the nose DOWN... ;)

Posted

I was taught to point the nose DOWN... ;)

If you want to loose altitude in these quickly, just pull the nose up and slow them down.  I can loose altitude quicker at 42 MPH than I can redlined.  I did a stall series last time home on floats.  45 MPH power off had me dropping at 1700+ FPM, 65MPH had me dropping at 650-700 FPM.  At any rate, you dont want to loose an engine when on floats, it glides like a greased anvil :lmao:

:BC:

Posted

What is an AEROBAT? Is this a short-wing Avid stressed for aerobatics?

I am sending the flight maneuver manual to Trackwelder to post.

EDMO

Posted

The aerobat is the speed wing that I think was built to the HH specs (spars and rib spacing).  There is a video of the MK IV on the net where the guy is flying inverted, 4 point rolls etc.

Posted

Good job on the manual!  Do you know of one for the Rotax 582???

Posted (edited)

Good job on the manual!  Do you know of one for the Rotax 582???

I am not an Avid owner, but Kitfox had same engines - The 582 is basically an improved 532:  It is same 65 hp, but a later version with gray head, and still later, a blue head.

The POH above is for the C model.  Different models will have different weights which will affect airspeeds somewhat - I think the model IV is heavier MTOW, than the C model.   Some Avid owner should know about the serial number range for the model IV.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Use these at your own risks! They are for general information only.

Model C POH.pdf

post-40-0-64952500-1376735378_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-15495600-1376735873_thumb.jpg

Joey, The one error that I see in the manual is on the first page:  Weights:  580 solo, 850 dual.  Does this mean the Co-Pilot weighs 270 lbs? ???  Would that be the weight of one of the AFF members?

I would think that 580 would maybe be Empty Weight?  Still don't Compute!   I think the GW is 911 on page 2.    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed the early Avids weighed in at barely 400lbs. They gained a lot of weight really fast when the market demanded all the goodies. Factory numbers were all for advertising in the early days and didn't hold much merit.

Posted (edited)

Ed the early Avids weighed in at barely 400lbs. They gained a lot of weight really fast when the market demanded all the goodies. Factory numbers were all for advertising in the early days and didn't hold much merit.

Yes Joey - I really wanted to be careful about that 270 lb Co-pilot on the chart (might be somebody's spouse - Or my Ex!)   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks guys.  I was able to find both the OH and MM for the Rotax 582 online.  Thx again