Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ultralight Flying

6 posts in this topic

Posted

In addition to my Avid and GA I own a Six Chuter Powered parachute. It has a 450 sq ft Performance Designs chute and a Rotax 503. It's a kick in the butt to fly. You can do things in it that you simply can't do in a fixed wing. Attached are some pictures a few links to some of my Youtube vids.

Ppc1.jpg

spades.JPG

Image016.jpg

IMG_3187-1.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2639-1.jpg

Couple Youtube vids

Posted

Sweet!

One of my best buds has a PPC sitting in his garage.. in the same damn spot for the last 6 or 7 years.  Still in the box, tubes still wrapped in plastic.  Pisses me of.  I have ofered a hundred time to go over and help him knock it out.  Basic assembly takes around 20 hours then a bit more time for rigging.  Engine (503), EIS etc still in the crate.  One of these days I will get him of his ass and get the thing together as it looks like it would be a total kick in the ass!  He is the type that would rather get online and research the ever loving shit out of a project than just get his ass in the garage and knock it out.  A VERY book smart inteligent guy... but dumber than a box of rocks.

:beerchug:

Posted

There's a group that flys out of a local airport here. Nice equiptment.  Fun to watch.

That's all I'm going to do for now...watch.

Posted

Ya I'm glad I did this before I ever did fixed wing. Fixed wing guys don't seem to like them. You have to get used to the pendulum swing and the weird movements. It's also weird to put in an input and then wait and wait for it happen. My Dad bought one of these in the 90's and just jumped on it and went flying. Two days later he took me up in it and a few weeks after that I soloed when I was only 15. I bought the one in the pics in 03 and have flown the crap out of it. It's awesome flying 10 ft apart with your Dad. I've done some pretty crazy stuff in that thing. The first pic seriously violated the ultralight "Don't fly over anything you don't want to land on rule".

Posted

Ya I'm glad I did this before I ever did fixed wing. Fixed wing guys don't seem to like them. You have to get used to the pendulum swing and the weird movements. It's also weird to put in an input and then wait and wait for it happen. My Dad bought one of these in the 90's and just jumped on it and went flying. Two days later he took me up in it and a few weeks after that I soloed when I was only 15. I bought the one in the pics in 03 and have flown the crap out of it. It's awesome flying 10 ft apart with your Dad. I've done some pretty crazy stuff in that thing. The first pic seriously violated the ultralight "Don't fly over anything you don't want to land on rule".

On the bold... I do that every day I fly..

I would rather die trying to live than live trying not to die!

gotta take the ron white approach... if yer gonna crash drive this bitch straight in... I dont wanna limp away from this pile of shit <or was something to that effect :lol:  :beerchug:

Posted

Yup that's classic Ron White. Wish the weather would clear up here so I could take it out. So much for Sunny California. It's been raining here for two weeks straight now. After living in England, Idaho and WA it's amazing how quickly you get used to 300+ flying days a year.