F7A

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone have a pair to sell or have a source for the F7A upgrade?

Posted

Airdale would be the only place to get the upgrade unless for some reason someone has the F7A upgrade kit that they are not planning on installing.

Posted

What is an F7A

Posted

What exactly does this mod do and is it very noticeable when actually flying?  I have never noticed adverse yaw with my model c but maybe I never looked for it.

Posted

Jeff, try turning without using the rudder, you will notice the adverse yaw then!  If it is not really bad, then you probly had the upgrade done to your plane prior to you getting it.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Okay, I did notice that.  When making a left turn with aileron only it rises above the horizon and then to right and then starts turning left.  My CFI made the assumption that my plane is a rudder airplane because of that behavior.   How good is Airdale about getting that part out.  It seems like it takes forever if he answers the phone.

Edited by AVID STOL HH

Posted

You've had the modification already if you plane turns to the right then left with aileron only.  Without the mod you would bank left and turn right, never swinging to the left.

Posted

Hello,

My Avid is the 532 version with side cooler, are f7a (&F37a?) Appropriated parts for this model? Still possible to get them from airdale? (I live in Europe...)

Thank you 

Posted (edited)

I have a kf 4 wreck with the diferential ailerons,the pushrods are bent,the rest is good.

Would this fit?

I am in nz!

Edited by Dusty

Posted (edited)

One of our members was making these some time ago - (Was that WyPaul?) - He does not make them now, but he posted photos and dimensions of them, probably in either Parts Suppliers, Technical, Avid section or Files and Forms section.  There should be a more recent thread about these posted somewhere.  I don't think that the Kitfox parts will interchange with Avid, but could be wrong about that.   Dusty, you could compare your parts with the photos.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

@Dusty : the concerned modifier parts are available (f7a f37a) ?   @EDMO : I would be actualy more trusting airdale than my own skills, are they out of business?   Thanks

Posted

Here is F7a drawing 

The 70° angle seems odd: looks more like 100°

And what about f37a part? Its not going together?

Maybe à group buy may convince mypaul ;) ?

Posted

I have F7A sets available. I have a nice brake pedal upgrade as well

email me or call my cell

508-496-5394

Posted

How much for the f7 kit?

thanks

Posted

Welcome to AFF. :welcome:

I see this is only your 2nd post, what is your Avid experience and manufacturing/welding qualifications? Might be best to just post up some pics, prices and details to save time and effort for everyone involved (not to mention keeping your personal tel# away from the bots).

Thanks!