I passed

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's finally over.  I passed my oral and flight exam on Sunday.  Been a long haul and my wallet is a little thinner.  If any of you are wondering how the process was just ask.  My examiner was very detailed and it was a challenge.

Edited by AVID STOL HH

Posted

Congrats! 
You now have a ticket to learn what flying is about and the 10000 ways Alaska will try and smite thee.  I will be thinking about going back to wheels one of these days pretty soon so hopefully we can get out and play some more.

:BC:

Posted

I am going to be putting on my floats September 30th to receive some training and endorsement and then switching back to wheels before winter.

Posted

I am not certain on the sport pilot, but for private, and I do believe sport, it is a rating, not just an endorsement like TW.  It will lighten the wallet up again to about the tune of 2000 bucks for the training and check ride, if you can find a DPE that will do the check ride in an experimental.

I could be wrong, but I know I went through this one before.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

I was told by the cfi that with experimental home built it can be treated as an add on with an endorsement.  I did the checkride in my aircraft with the dpe.  There are two in the state.  There is a big push right now to raise the weight limits for a sport pilot.  I hope it passes. 

Edited by AVID STOL HH

Posted

Hey Leni,  I just got off the phone with EAA.  They said I do not need to involve a dpe for float training in my airplane.  It is just treated as a add on after instruction.

Posted

Hey Leni,  I just got off the phone with EAA.  They said I do not need to involve a dpe for float training in my airplane.  It is just treated as a add on after instruction.

Do you also have to pass a swimming test?

EDMO

Posted

Yeah, You must be able to backstroke at least 10 miles in 40 degree water.  If you pass the test you get a certificate. :wacko:  :blink:  :lol:

Posted

LSA Seaplane is not a rating on the license.  It is just an endorsement.  It requires a minimum of two rated CFIs to make it happen.  One to teach and one to check-ride.

This sea endorsement is only good for LSA aircraft.   It will not transfer to Private level license.

Posted

Congratulations on the license. I just got my private ,single engine land add on rating 2 weeks ago. I am also considering a sea plane rating but it would be a private pilot add on. A bit more complex and alot more expensive. I also just finished up my Tailwheel endorsement. I flew my kitfox a few days ago for the first time and found it to be a bit of a handful on landing.

Posted

Just got my ASES rating earlier this month.  It was the most fun I've ever had flying!  

Now I'm looking for amphibious floats to put on my Avid model C.... Any thoughts or recommendations welcome!

Mark

Posted

Yeah man. Way to go!

Posted

Congrats. to all who got their tickets.  Go learn to fly now.