Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2013 Kitfox Factory Fly-in video

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Weather didn't cooperate for part of the weekend but it looks like they still managed to have a good time.

Posted

I dont see too many older 2 strokers in the mix.  Did the elitist's shame the blue smokers from showing?  :lol:

Looks like some cool places to play around in!

:BC:

Posted

From what I seen only one Model IV showed up and all the rest were 7's. Me seems to think that the lightweight early Foxes that made them so popular to begin with have been forgotten by most owners in lieu of faster, fancier, sophisticated planes. I'm not overly impressed with their STOL capability. Aside from McBean himself and the stick and rudder guy you barely see them with big tires and operating off anything but pavement. Seems for the well north of 50K price tag they are going for a guy could have a lot more fun with an RV7....get in and out of the same strips that 95% of the KF7 guys are using and get to their destination twice as fast. I person really needs about 3 airplanes I guess.

Posted

Well I was going to go with my Model III but vibration issues (still unresolved) caused me to scrub a week before the event.  Looks like I would have been weathered out anyway due to the crap weather that nailed Colorado.  One of the East coast guys made is as far as Cheyenne, WY before he had to call it quits and fly commercial back home.