Posted

Diana smoot mt

Lots of 532 engines& parts

583 tuned pipe that will fit inside avid cowling,rough, some rust

Right speed wing with tank, left repairable

Snaps,252 923 5145

Posted

Have your tried the 583 pipe on a 582? 

Do you have any pictures of the mount or the wing?  What spars are in the wing?  (.065" or .083")

:BC:

Posted

It's the original 583 pipe, cut into something 16 pieces to fit, 582, didn't try,on the 583 the rav would open @5500' use to turn 8500 rpm, on a 3/1 b box, wicked power,trade off, hellish loud!!!!!!

Have pic

Send e address

Posted

Email sent.

Edit,

The email listed in your profile got kicked back.  will send you a PM.

Thanks

Posted

Hey Snaps- Last time I saw you at the SPB, you were ass deep in trailer repairs and just a tad bit grumpy. Hell of a way to end the week, hope you made it home without any drama. BTW, who's the numbskull that ordered those tiny mugs for the CornRoast this year? On the bright side, I got a great deal on an iFly720 at the auction. One of only two with a custom SPA splash page on start up, pretty cool! See you guys next year, Doug

Posted

You be grumpy to,while under trailer I get a call my credit card was canceled, hacked!!!!!!

Posted

Yeah, sorry about that. Thanks for the GPS though!

Posted

Snaps,

Does your left damaged speedwing have a tank in it that you would consider removing and selling? I only need the left tank and fuel cap. If not does anybody have a left speedwing tank for sale?

Thanks, Cliff

Posted (edited)

Try Rob at Performance Products LLC - he is making new ones, alcohol resistant.

If he only has the STOL tanks, you can still use them by glueing a rib under the center of the tank to match the speedwing profile.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Try Rob at Performance Products LLC - he is making new ones, alcohol resistant.

If he only has the STOL tanks, you can still use them by glueing a rib under the center of the tank to match the speedwing profile.

EDMO

good call Ed, Rod made my tanks for my speedwing, they are actually for the STOL but i made them work nicely and now I have more fuel capacity.

-Robert-

Posted (edited)

Robert,

Rod just told me - look at "fng post" in Introduce Yourself - that the STOL tanks wont work with the speedwing ribs because of the TOP profile? :huh:  WELL - If yours worked, why not others?

If memory serves me - we talked about adding another layer of rib caps on top, but you did some grinding and got them to work without adding any caps like I did.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Some people may not be OK with a slight variation of the wing profile right at the tank, hence the "they won't work" statement... Some of us are not quite so picky and we know we are not building an oshkosh winner, just an honest flying machine... the tanks will work for us that fly our planes instead of polishing them :lol:

2 people like this

Posted

Does that include duct tape?

EDMO

Posted

but of course!  The PA12 I learned to fly in probly had more duct tape on it than ceconite!  :lol:

Posted

Thats right! I would rather fly it than wax it.

Posted

Robert,

Rod just told me - look at "fng post" in Introduce Yourself - that the STOL tanks wont work with the speedwing ribs because of the TOP profile? :huh:  WELL - If yours worked, why not others?

If memory serves me - we talked about adding another layer of rib caps on top, but you did some grinding and got them to work without adding any caps like I did.

EDMO

Ed it's not "they won’t work", the tanks I manufacture have a slight variation in the wing profile and if you want to fly then I say go for it and make it work. That’s what experimental is all about.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not sure about this but I've herd about wipers on a goats ass .. da

I have a speed wing tank on my mod 1 and just filled in on the undercamber

with wood and nobody has ever noticed it

1 person likes this

Posted

And, don't forget that Kitfox has moonshine-resistant tanks too - After all, Kitfox is just an Avid Clone.

EDMO

Posted (edited)

Ed it's not "they won’t work", the tanks I manufacture have a slight variation in the wing profile and if you want to fly then I say go for it and make it work. That’s what experimental is all about.

Here is the difference between the 2 ribs types we deal with so here is a STOL rib and a flat bottom "Speed" rib.

1609800_676476832374380_846354507_n.jpg   1555425_676476852374378_115334483_n.jpg 

1560651_676476865707710_1675118933_n.jpg  1535657_676476889041041_1343856057_n.jpg

Edited by stressedout72

Posted (edited)

Thanks Rod,

Looks like the rear spar is at same height in both, so tops should be OK - just bottom profile different - don't see why it wouldn't work - just look different on bottom.  Ribs on each side of tank could be built up to match profile.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Robert,

EDMO

Ed,

sorry it took me so long to reply i must of missed this. anyways what I did was to just get two more of the transitional root ribs (they have the high arch of the HH wing on top and the flat bottom of the speed wing) I used these for the #1 AND #4 ribs the #2 & #3 ribs are omitted to make room for the tank then I just ran false rib cap strips along the bottom of the tank for #2& #3 to make it flat like the rest of the wing. this gave me the room to fit the HH tanks into my speed wing. it just tapers down to rib #5 into the speed wing profile. I used aluminum for the stinger to set the nose ribs on so it was bent up to make the transition smooth. it came out real nice hope to see how it actually flys in a couple months. I will look for some pics and put them up for you.

-Robert-

Posted

Thanks Robert,

This just shows the nay-sayers what experimental is all about - where there is a will, there is a way.

Looking forward to your photos and flying reports.

Good Work!

EDMO

Posted

WANTED: Rotax engine mount that will fit  Avid C model or MK4, please contact

Joe Scott

jocin@bresnan.net

also have Jabariu mount for sale or trade

Posted

Joe,

You may get more attention if you put this in the "For sale and wanted" section.

I only have Kitfox mount.

EdMO

Posted

Thanks