Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

yahoo group nazis

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it just me, or are the replys to the spam from Herman's hacked account (on the yahoo group) a little over the top.  Looks like a bunch of guys got up this morning and put on a barb wire Gstring and had the school bully give them a superman wedgie! 

For the totally clueless... If you see email coming from a person that looks way out of the ordinary and out of character, DON'T OPEN IT!   It is generally not their fault, they are just a victim of hackers.  Hacker about closed this site down three times in the last few years and damn near caused me to throw in the towel, but I wont let these punks get the best of me! 

I like a good debate and bare knuckles brawl myself, but this just seems a bit over the line and the moderator over there a bit to hasty to judge.  How the hell can you get to be a moderator when you cant even recognize the work of a spammer and not the individual who has been posting to the site for years :dunno:

:BC:

Posted

Yup Herman got hacked. I got junk in my personal email from him too. If you see this... Change your password Herman! I found it interesting that aside from trying to decide if a 20 ft trailer was long enough that was the most action "The List" had seen in a few weeks. Come on over guys...the days of exchanging technical information via email lists are antiquated at best.

1 person likes this

Posted

It had been awhile since I had looked over there. The site looks a little more contemporary now, but wow! The original post wasn't that bad. It looked like a link to something to do with asset management. I don't think I would have given it a second thought. It's a good thing the moderator banned Herman just a few minutes after the post, or things might have gotten out of control  :rolleyes:

One post off topic (from a hacked account) and six responses moaning about it  :handjob:

1 person likes this

Posted

Some folks are either too impatient or just downright ignorant of computer technology to understand someone might have been hacked, let alone be capable of recognizing when it is a high probability. Ready... Shoot... Aim. Sounds like they would do well in Washington D.C.

1 person likes this

Posted

I saw the post about Herman and I don't know Herman but I am sure that he got hacked..... I have been hacked 2 times in the past few years and I have an account on yahoo the last time I got hacked it was someone in china that got me. one way you can tell you have been hacked is go to your email contact list and insert a new contact like aaaaa@yahoo.com and make sure that it is the first contact in the list when someone hacks your email account it will start with the aaaaa@yahoo.com email of course this is not a valid email address so it will be returned as not delivered to your email so when you see this you will know that you have been hacked.......

Bob

Posted

I have also heard of using that technique Bob. The guys on there seemed totally convinced that the message was legitimate. There was no doubt in my mind it was SPAM after I read the first sentence. The mod should of just deleted it and moved on. When I got a hold of Herman he said several people had already told him about it. Funny how one email caused such a stir...... :handjob:

Posted

Funny how one email caused such a stir........

that is for sure.....

Posted

I have also heard of using that technique Bob. The guys on there seemed totally convinced that the message was legitimate. There was no doubt in my mind it was SPAM after I read the first sentence. The mod should of just deleted it and moved on. When I got a hold of Herman he said several people had already told him about it. Funny how one email caused such a stir...... :handjob:

Very poor response by the Mod given this was an existing member with no history of abuse. IMHO, the Mod should have locked the member account and then posted a forum message 1.) warning other members of potential spam and not to click on the link, and 2.) detailing what specific steps the member need take to get his account unlocked. Of course, removing the questionable post/thread or disabling the link are advisable.

The first guy to jump on the post has done it before. No patience and, it would appear, no real world understanding of computer technology or the potential risks of using one connected to the Internet. I wonder if he is the kind of person who believes everything he sees or hears on the Internet or takes as fact the crap being spoon fed by network media? Be curious to know what firewall and anti-virus protections he uses, probably a good chance he lives in a glass house and his turn will come someday too...