To the Apple fanboys: how you liking your iOS 7 upgrade?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I ain't sold.

Posted

I have not done the update yet, but the wife seems to love it.  I have read some stuff online (so it has to be true right) that it kills the battery life.  You can turn a bunch of the features off to get your battery life back, but then it kills the "reasons" for the upgrade so you can run everything on the phone at once and really slow it down :lol:  I am not going to upgrade mine until I play with the wife's.. ummm phone, yeah, till I play with her phone when I get home and see if I like it!  :lmao:

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

I passed as well. My wife had all kinds of issues and had to restore her phone and lost a bunch of stuff in the process. I've read about 30 times it looks like a Kindergarter with a crayon designed it. I'll wait to the 2nd or 3rd version that's when Apple seems to get stuff right.

1 person likes this

Posted

The update went fine for me, I did it on the lappy with a high speed Ethernet connection then flashed the phone. I've tried other updates via WiFi to a device directly and had issues. Seems something always goes bad, not to mention takes a whole lot more time. The overall scheme in iOS 7 utilizes a lot of thin black lines and/or letter fonts on a white background. Not cartoon-ish, but supposedly a 'cleaner' less 'busy' look but I find it harder for my eyes to quickly acquire info now. I much preferred the heavier white font on a black background. Ex., on the start splash page the date and time are in thin white font now which washes out against the light sky on my Kitfox pic splash page. Hey, I like my splash page and would appreciate a choice of schemes or font colors at the least. I did notice a B-I-G battery life difference and disabled several of the new auto features (particularly games which I never use), and I could care less if 99% of my apps auto update in the background. I always shut apps after using them to preserve the already short (IMHO) battery life anyways. Before the update I had to charge at least once daily given my typical usage, jury's still out but well see how it goes in real life. IIRC, poor battery life issues were quickly resolved with a revision after the iOS 6 update.

Posted

Playing the waiting game, too.  My wife updated hers and is not happy.  I haven't used it yet.

I'm an Apple convert.  I like the products.  I think this one may be a fumble, though...

1 person likes this

Posted

allot of the new things work like the galaxy S4,.. double clicking the button twice and then holding a finger on the programs running to get the red

-  like  OS6  you just slide the program you want to turn off up,.. other then that I haven't had any issues,..took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn off the dayyum lock ,..but got it under control for the most part,..I have heard of a few having their phones crash while doing the upgrade,..I had turned my phone off rebooted it and with nothing running in the back ground I did the upgrade,,

Posted

not to get off track but what part of upstate NY you in dholly? I lived in Peru and Skylarsfalls and plattsburg

Posted

Not as far upstate as you were. I'm in the Finger Lakes Region at D38.

Posted

Last night a window pops up iOS 7.2 is ready to install

Posted

Not too far from rochester dholly, i was up that way twice in august/september

Posted

The update went fine for me, I did it on the lappy with a high speed Ethernet connection then flashed the phone. I've tried other updates via WiFi to a device directly and had issues. Seems something always goes bad, not to mention takes a whole lot more time. The overall scheme in iOS 7 utilizes a lot of thin black lines and/or letter fonts on a white background. Not cartoon-ish, but supposedly a 'cleaner' less 'busy' look but I find it harder for my eyes to quickly acquire info now. I much preferred the heavier white font on a black background. Ex., on the start splash page the date and time are in thin white font now which washes out against the light sky on my Kitfox pic splash page. Hey, I like my splash page and would appreciate a choice of schemes or font colors at the least. I did notice a B-I-G battery life difference and disabled several of the new auto features (particularly games which I never use), and I could care less if 99% of my apps auto update in the background. I always shut apps after using them to preserve the already short (IMHO) battery life anyways. Before the update I had to charge at least once daily given my typical usage, jury's still out but well see how it goes in real life. IIRC, poor battery life issues were quickly resolved with a revision after the iOS 6 update.

DITTO THAT. I prefer the previous version.

The only think I like is an up swipe on the homescreen displays quick access to settings, flashlight and a calculator amongst some other things.

Posted

I've updated two iPhones and two iPads to IOS7.  It's the smoothest upgrade yet for me.  One iPhone was done through iTunes (needed to upgrade that first).  The others were done "over the air" (OTA).  All went smoothly but took some time.

The only battery life issue I had was some apps were set up to update in the background which I didn't need them to be doing.  After I disabled this in the settings, all is good.

One minor bug I've noticed is while muted, the keyboard still makes some key click noises.

All in all, I really like the upgrade.  Most important, Foreflight runs well with it.

Posted

I got notice of #3 upgrade to the 7, havent pulled the trigger on it yet