Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for Avid or Kitfox with 912

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Decent shape preferably mid to western US. Thanks..

Posted

Good luck, no local word-of-mouth specials here to advise of.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe in a year or so, Yellow may hit the market....

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for any input..  been on the barnstormers hunt for a few months now lol

Posted

GOT ONE !  :)

post-656-0-51915100-1382487116_thumb.jpg

Posted

GOT ONE !  :)

Unusual paint job - interesting - How about some details - Is that Nevada, or is that the space needle in the background?

EDMO

Posted

Looks good.

Be careful.  Take off the unlocking cam from the Maul tailwheel while you are getting used to her.  (1st 100 hours.)

Posted

Looks good.

Be careful.  Take off the unlocking cam from the Maul tailwheel while you are getting used to her.  (1st 100 hours.)

? I got it home but am going through everything.... Im a much more experienced mechanic than a pilot.. lol  can ya explain why ? and no I have no tail wheel time....  :(

Posted

Unusual paint job - interesting - How about some details - Is that Nevada, or is that the space needle in the background?

EDMO

912 80 hp  10 hrs tt,  carbs were nasty, im going through fuel and cooling system & replacing all.  decent panel, I am building a new one with a different layout tho.  no  time on it but has been sitting for a while.. pretty happy with it.  need to get the faa paper work figured out so I can have the 40 hrs  flown off ...  anyone wana buy a quicksilver ?   :)

Posted

The Maul Tailwheel:  On the tailwheel is a sheet-metal plate with two screws holding it in place.  If you remove this plate, the tailwheel will not go into full swivel mode.

This will keep the wheel locked to the steering of the rudder.  This is the most common cause of ground-loops (IMO) with these planes combined with low tailwheel time pilots.  I have also seen a high time tailwheel pilot and CFI repeatedly ground loop an Avid because of a loose tailwheel.  Once you have mastered the plane, replacing the cam plate will allow for easier ground handling.

Posted

The Maul Tailwheel:  On the tailwheel is a sheet-metal plate with two screws holding it in place.  If you remove this plate, the tailwheel will not go into full swivel mode.

This will keep the wheel locked to the steering of the rudder.  This is the most common cause of ground-loops (IMO) with these planes combined with low tailwheel time pilots.  I have also seen a high time tailwheel pilot and CFI repeatedly ground loop an Avid because of a loose tailwheel.  Once you have mastered the plane, replacing the cam plate will allow for easier ground handling.

thanks for the heads up ! looks like I have yet another project ! lol

Posted

sweet!  I like the paint!  Let us know what you think of it when you fly it.

:BC:

Posted

• Flies GREAT!  as expected....  I don't take off or land yet myself :(  Had very dirty carbs due to sitting with auto fuel. could only get 5000-5100 rpm before it started sputtering.. but  that was still plenty of power for most flying.. prob only 54 hp @ 5000..lol  I rebuilt carbs and am working on all fuel and coolant lines. radiator is getting cleaned & pressure checked ect..  P.S. I will be a Evans coolant dealer in a week or so.. discounts to fellow rotax flyers. e-mail me at russ@lelandshondasuzuki.com  if interested.