(2) New, never started Kitfox kits available.

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

OK folks-

Just tossing this out for anyone interested in acquiring an unstarted Kitfox kit. I have a friend that has two complete kits that he has decided he will never get to building. These were ordered by him new and were going to be a father/son thing but, well, you know how fast they grow up. He said he ticked just about every option box at the time and it wouldn't surprise me. I saw a 2-pc fiberglass baggage area insert that I have never seen before. He believes he can gather up all the parts originally on the pull sheets fairly quick as he has kept pretty much everything in his hanger for years. Frames are in good condition with no corrosion and, if you look in the attached pic, you can make out the (2) white fuselages in the back corner. He is looking to me for pricing guidance, what say you? 

(1) Kitfox Model 3 w/ 582 gray head - 1050 lb. MTOW

(1) Kitfox Model 4 (Firewall Back, no engine or mount) w/ bump cowl set (for 582 not 912 I think) - will confirm 1050 lb. or 1200 lb. MTOW when I get the serial #

Thanks!

:BC:

post-53-0-26375400-1380575529_thumb.jpg

Edited by dholly

Posted

The rudder hinges will tell you on the IV.  If it has standard hinges, it's a 1050.  If it has the "rod end bearing" style hinges it's a 1200.

Posted

Just on what I've seen lately if they are truly complete probably 7-10K. Having the grey head in the box doesn't seem to really appeal to folks.

Posted

Where are these kits located?

Posted

I might be interested in the mod3 kit. Can I get a contact number or email?

Sam

Posted

I'm interested in the model 4. Would like to know 1050 or 1200? how much?

Posted

Doug... where did you go?