Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

montana member

5 posts in this topic

Posted

hello everyone,my name is mike and I thought I would introduce myself.i purchased an avid model c back in march and it is finally ready to return to the air.The wings have been recovered and painted so I then had to rejuvenate the fuse and repaint to match. Then there was the engine ,it ran but ran rough and wouldn't sync ,turned out low comp on two cyl,so I replaced it with a new rebuilt long block.oh yeah its an ea81,was unsure about the Subaru until I got the new one ,it is one smooth little engine.yada yada yada I shouldn't have bought a project, for flying price. but  ill say this ,I love my avid and I know exactly what I have. The rudder should be done this weekend and then the annual ,should be flying after that.it hasnt flown since 1997.thanx for an awesome site ,I learn some thing new every time I log on.     a few pictures of the avid and my other plane a tbirdpost-574-0-48281200-1381010470_thumb.jpgpost-574-0-66594400-1381010577_thumb.jpgpost-574-0-74454600-1381010758_thumb.jpgpost-574-0-21979600-1381010832_thumb.jpg

Posted

Welcome Mike ; surprised I'm the first guy to say hello but good to have ya, great looking airplanes!

jack

Posted

Welcome to the site Mike! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. Nice looking bird I really like that color combo. Lots of members are very successful with the Soob. What part of Montana you from? I am an Idaho native from across the border from Missoula. Stationed in CA now. There's lots of great information and flying stories here. Looking forward to hearing about your first flight. My bird didn't fly from 1992 to 2009. I'm not sure who was more excited me or her...The wife named her Diva (Avid backwards) because she's my weekend girlfriend.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nice looking Plane Mike!

What is your current cg?Before the first flight I'd check the landing gear and make sure it isn't toed in.Keep us posted...

Mike

Edited by Mikesk

Posted

thanx for the welcome ,im in Kalispell so not to far from you c5.im waiting for the rudder(my painter is very slow and irritating)to do the w/b .ill check on the toe in.