Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Waned Avid Mark IV or Kitfox Bump Cowl

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I am rebuilding an Avid Model unknown I just know it is not an A, I have made enough changes to it already but I have an ugly hacked up cowl from a side mounted radiator and would like to replace it with either an Avid Mark IV Cowl or the Kitfox radial cowl, if anyone has one even in need of repair I would like to buy it.

Posted (edited)

I am rebuilding an Avid Model unknown I just know it is not an A, I have made enough changes to it already but I have an ugly hacked up cowl from a side mounted radiator and would like to replace it with either an Avid Mark IV Cowl or the Kitfox radial cowl, if anyone has one even in need of repair I would like to buy it.

I may have enough of the early Kitfox bump cowl to help you - If you don't find a complete cowl set, I can sell you the parts I have and you can get the rest from Kitfox or someone else, or combine my parts with yours to make a set. I know that I am missing the upper part that goes around windshield, but bump part is complete, I think?

Let me know if interested, and I will take some photos and we can talk about price.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

AVid is gone, Buzzard is in the air 15hrs now and you know what is waiting in the shop. The guy that bought the Avid is super happy with it. "Woo Hoo is this a fun airplane" his words. If you are off this week I can fly to Innisfail or North 40 and look at your plane for further insperation.

Norm

Track welder, If you want to retain the same blood lines I still have most of the plug I modified from a mk iv cowl to make it fit a revmaster . 3 gallon of bondo and 3 weeks later (maybe 4) it came out OK. It's cut as shown and the bottom intake damaged but could be used again. Edited by Logtrucker

Posted

All screwed up! Logtruckclarkston10@gmail.com

Posted

I know that I will have to combine my parts with whatever I can find to fix this up, so please send pictures of what you have I just want to modernize the looks a little before I start flying it and concentrating on my Buttercup build.