Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HT-6 Bushing.. Got one?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I noticed when I tore my plane apart to recover it I had a heck of a time getting the bolts out that held the horizontal to the fuselage. I've spent the last few weeks edumicatin myself with my builders manual that came with my plane when I bought it. I noticed that there is a page showing the hardware to attach the horizontal and it shows a bushing installed so that you can get a tool on the head of the bolt. The bushing is labeled as a HT-6 Bushing. Does anybody know what kind of material or the dimensions of that bushing off hand? I need to start ordering hardware to put this thing back together... Getting close to that point.

Posted

Mine did not have the bushing.  It was just a 1/4 turn at a time to get that bastard bolt out.  I figured what the hell, it is not like you are going to be taking the bolt in and out alot.  It is just a spacer, do you could get a piece of 4130 or I would run down to the local hardware store and buy a 3/16" ID steel bushing 1/2" long.  If I ever have to pull mine out I will do just that.

Posted

Got a call from Brett at the new Airdale today and he said that he has them available.