Rudder peddle pressure and nose gear from the right seat

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Flying right seat brings out a couple of problems with the rudder forces, left peddle to nose gear linkage, and nose gear centering springs.  The rudder pressure through the peddles seems excessive and seems to center around the springs for centering the nose gear – which are “very stiffâ€.   Any thoughts or cures to this problem?  Left seat has the problem also, but it’s not as noticeable since the nose gear linkage doesn’t encroach on the rudder peddles – giving more space on the peddles for your feet.

Posted

When mine was a tricycle, I had the same problem. I switched to a taildragger to fix it. However, someone makes a swivel type nose wheel ala an rv-6 for the avid and it works very well. Chris B had one on his mkiv and really liked it. Pm him, he'll help you out. Bryce

Posted

I have talked to ChrisB about the nosewheel - He liked the spring-loaded nosewheel attached to the steerable linkage best - If I remember right - this nosewheel is no longer made - I have one and have shared photos & dimensions of it with Steve and Amie. There are videos of it on a Challenger(?) and photos of it on Chris' plane.

I know this don't help answer about your springs.

Can you lighten the springs?

EDMO

Posted

If you are referring to custom flight gear I have one on a Avid Model C works great

Posted

If you are referring to custom flight gear I have one on a Avid Model C works great

how do I get in touch with custom flight gear I am looking for nose gear for Avid MK4 

Posted (edited)

how do I get in touch with custom flight gear I am looking for nose gear for Avid MK4 

It was advertised as $1000 new, attachment for Avid nose gear.  If you noticed, that last post was from March 2016 -

Why don't you send a PM to avid1954 and maybe get an answer?  

ChrisB knew the guy who made them - maybe he can tell you something?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I hope I sent Avid 1954 a PM. How do I get in touch with ChrisB. Thanks EDMO

Posted (edited)

I hope I sent Avid 1954 a PM. How do I get in touch with ChrisB. Thanks EDMO

I may not be exact - click on the left part of "search" at top right of screen and "All Content" should show - click on that and a list should drop down - click on "members" and you will get numbered pages of alphabetical members list - find him and click on name to send him a message.   OR, maybe easiest, go thru old posts until you find something he posted on and point or click on his name to send a message.   Maybe in some nose gear posts?  Probably clear as mud?   EDMO

Added:  I don't know if you can just write someone's name in "Search" and pull up profile or posts they made?  ???

YES, you can - I just tried it with "ChrisB"  -  That's about the easiest.   Ed

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks I will give it a try. Thanks for all the help. I am looking for a way to send a donation. I am slowly finding out things. john

Posted (edited)

Thanks I will give it a try. Thanks for all the help. I am looking for a way to send a donation. I am slowly finding out things. john

John,  You can send a PM to akflyer and there are about 3 ways to contribute to the site.  I can PM you his address if all fails, but there are posts on here with his address, email, (phone number, I think), and you can also go thru Paypal to send him some money.  Check out early posts on "Contributions....."   EDMO

Edited by EDMO