Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

EGT wiring issue

4 posts in this topic

Posted

One of my EGT wires broke off right at the gauge the other day after my engine run. You can see in this pic where it came apart

IMG_3679.jpg

That probe slips into a blade connector as seen here and the blade connector is what actually hooks to the gauge.

IMG_3677-1.jpg

I went to the CPS site and found a male connector for 39 cents but it was a little bit different than what was on there. It says to crimp on no special tools.. ya right. I put a tiny bit of pressure on it and it crumbled apart. They are made out of this cheap tinny metal. There's no way to crimp it without it crushing. Here's what it did when I tried to crimp it

IMG_3680.jpg

I tried to solder it and the solder just ran off like water.  I new lead cost $50!! Anybody have any thoughts on how to re-attach that wire to my gauge??

Posted

you are going to loose at every connection... how bout you PM me your address and I will send you one.. I bought 4 before I figured out the probes were fine, I had an issue with the gauge.  I will send ya one if you want it.

:beerchug:

Posted

PM sent.. Thanks!

Posted

The crimper used on these type of ends is a special crimper with 6-8 "teeth" that squeeze all around the fitting at once.