Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flyin fishing

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Catching a few bluegills. Stoping in for a $50 hamburger.

436_HPIM0852_jpg1c58f6c4f5ee9dce52485bb9

438_HPIM0852_jpg1c58f6c4f5ee9dce52485bb9

Posted

Sorry this is my fishing picture.

440_Avid_002_JPGc5a1b7acfd9fc5b618e4dec0

442_Christmas_2005__Airplane_009_jpgbdae

Posted

Very nice looking bird, Bandit.  I really like the wheel-through Avid skis over the "straight" KF skis.

Where does the Bandit fit in the Avid lineage?

Posted

Av8r3400

My Bandit is a Mk4. The difference is the Bandit is lighter and a little less gross weight. The Bandit does not have the aluminum leading edge, it has the sling seat not fiberglass, no interior, basic instruments, manual trim other wise every thing else is like the Mk4.

Bandit

Posted

Thank you.  That makes sense. 

Was the Bandit only on the Mark IV or was the Bandit an option (lack of options?) on earlier models?

Posted

Bandit

You say your Bandit only has manual trim. As the picture shows, you have a movable trim on the elev. The early Kit Fox's shur could use this trim.

I fly a KF mod 1 that only has a fixed trim.

If you have the build books, could you post a picture of how

its made and operate

bob

Posted

The Bandit is a MK4 with out all the heavy useless options. Keep your airplanes light! My trim tab had a push pull cable going from the cockpit through the fuselage to the trim on the elevator. This never did work. When I tried moving my trim the cable housing bowed instead of the tab moving.  I pulled the cable out and threw it away. Now I put a turn buckle on the tab. I guess at my trim, then go fly to see where I am at. Then land and adjust it to where I need it. I like to fly it a little nose up so I can trim it down with my flaperons. Then I went to the hardware store and bought a $1 spring which I connected to my trim lever and elevator control arm. If I need trim up this is how I get that, trim down is with my flaperons. Works great and is cheap and simple.

Bandit