Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Big Boy Toys

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I spent some time with the EOD boys this afternoon checking out some of their tools of their trade. They have some really cool stuff including these bad boys!! I had to pose for a pic!

IMG_0067-2.jpg

Posted

Another one of Oshkosh Wisconsin's finest, the ATV.

You loose some weight over there playing in the sandbox?

Posted

That looks a little beefer than the 114/5/6's we had to play with

Posted

Another one of Oshkosh Wisconsin's finest, the ATV.

You loose some weight over there playing in the sandbox?

Not to toot my own horn but...... In the past 6 months I've ran 450 miles including a half marthon. I recently ran 1.5 miles for my annual official fitness test in 9 minutes 9 seconds. I made fitness a huge priority while being here. With nothing else to do except work and sleep and no junk food or fast food in site, there was really no excuse to not get my ass back in shape. My real goal was to see if diet and exercise alone will be enough to get my cholesterol and blood pressure in check. I'm only 33 and have always been in decent shape but I've been struggling with the numbers the past few years. Having a Class I Physical I DO NOT want to deal with the paperwork and headache of taking medication. I have it on both sides of my family. I will not be in any better shape ever than I am right now and if it's still no good when I have my blood work done next week then I guess I'll take the meds and eat what I want. :party:

Posted

The cholesterol numbers have been abandoned here - more of a reliance on genetic risk factors - but guess the military cant change as fast as civilian docs.  Stay off of Statins if at all possible - they are bad news!

EDMO

Posted

+1 to that, Ed.

Posted

the VA gives me cholesterol meds,..I'm border line on the bad and good with the good I fluctuate between 200 n 210 ..6' tall but still can fit in my fatigues that were issued in 1977 :)

Posted

I tried the Statins twice - two different ones - both times I felt like I had the flu and had an elephant walk on me - I refused the third brand.  I'm in the 200 total area, but had my carotids checked and only had 6% and 12% blockage at age 72.  The docs don't even recognize the blockage until it is above 49%.

My 120 lb wife had her carotid checked and it was 87% blockage on one side, and she got a cleanout done.  She had been on Statins for a few years, but felt they did no good - she got off Statins and her cholesterol has not changed one bit - but she feels better.

I watch the ads on TV for all the old-age ailments I have, and the side effects are far worse than the pains I am having.

I am a firm believer in good diet, Bud Lite, and minimum pills.

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Ed, I am with ya except for the Bud lite... damn near any other beer or alcohol than that :lol:  well.. Budweiser in general I guess.  One bud and in 30 minutes I will have a head ache that brings me to my knees.  Any other beer or adult beverage and I dont have the headache till the next day when consumed in increments of 24 or more :lol:

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Leni - I know exactly what you mean about Budweiser headaches - I had them every time I tried Bud or Michelob - for some reason I don't get them with Bud Lite (4 can limit daily).  I drank Millers for years, but inherited a new bro-in-law with last marriage, and he works for Bud and brings free Bud Lite to me - so now I just go with the flow.

I agree - headaches are not worth drinking for - to each his own.

Merry Christmas.

EdMo

P.S.  I sold my Miller stocks when they went to South Africa.

Eye By Humerican!  :lol:  But its even better when I get it free!

Edited by Ed In Missouri