Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So I guess i'm the fng for today. Ha

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Well Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Rod Schramm. I grew up in the kit aircraft industry mostly because my dad BJ Schramm was the father of the kit helicopter known as the Scorpion, Exec, Elite, Windstar and the ultimate kit helicopter the Helicycle. I also designed and built 80% of the tooling for the Helicycle and manufactured of the first 60. As in some father son relationships there is a bit of head-butting and in our case it lead to my going back to college and then ultimately starting my business with my wife.

We started Performance Products LLC in 2006 and manufacture composite parts for Kitfox, Airdale Sport Plane, Sky Raider, Eagle R & D (home of the Helicycle), and a few motorcycle companies. I have built some of our own tooling for some of the above mentioned aircraft they are: Leading Edges and 13gl wing tanks that can be used in the Sky Raider, Avid flyer, Airdale, Escapade and Highlander. Kitfox Aircraft is a large part of our company and we are not willing to sacrifice our relationship by selling their parts. However, we have permission from another great company Sky Raider to sell items that we manufacture for them.

I am happy to announce that we will be manufacturing our own Weight Shift Ultralight in the very near future. We have been working super long hours on the design and tooling. You can check out and like what we have been up to on our Facebook page and our Website at www.performanceproducts1.com. I hope that I can assist you with your projects.

Thanks for allowing me to post

Rod Schramm

Posted (edited)

Hey Rod welcome.  I am wondering if you will sell Avid parts retail due to the fact that Avid is out of business, things like wing tanks (vinyl ester), cowlings and etc?  I know there has been a fair amount of interest in them here in the past.

Edited by Paul S

Posted

Welcome Rod.  Glad to have you.

Technically Avid is not out of business, Paul.  Airdale is what's left of Avid.  As I said earlier, I'm hoping Brett will follow his word and get his act together again to offer the support needed in the market.

Posted

Welcome Rod, This is a pretty mellow bunch and there is some  useful Info on here.I bought a couple drooped tips for my Skyraider from you,nice work.Randy

Posted (edited)

Welcome aboard Rod,

I was wondering, as probably many others wonder, are you going to give us some kind of price list and interchange list for your products on this site? - probably the most interest here would be gas tanks, wingtips and cowls.

I think you will be a welcome asset to the site.

Best wishes,

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Welcome Rod;

this would be certainly a good place to post all what you got, and what you can do/sell; look forward to hear your experiences in the field.

regards

Dimi3

Posted

welcome aboard Rod!  I lusted after a scorpion when I was a younger feller... hell I probly dedicated a few sessions to the dream of owning and flying one.. I tried like hell to buy one I found in Hawaii when I lived there but the guy wouldn't sell his lawn ornament :biggun:

Thanks for joining the forum, we have had several guys looking for tanks for the Avid's in the past. hopefully we can send some business your way.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for all the wonderful posts. I will sell items retail for those of you who are wondering. I do sell the 13gl wing tanks and have a very cool flush mount cap for them. They are a made from my own tooling I created for the Sky Raider. I do also sell them to Brett for the avids also. the tanks are 10.5 - 11lbs which are lighter then the poly tanks. I do not sell any hardware for the fittings seeing how there are so many ways you can run them. You can e-mail me if you want a price quote. rod@qpllc.net I am trying to get a fat airdale flyer cowling to pull a mold off of so i will let you all know how that goes. I am getting togather a list of items and prices to post. for now just e-mail me. Thanks again.

Posted

Rod,

One of the guys on here was looking for Speedwing tanks - Do you make them, or will the STOL tanks fit?

I suggested that if he could get the stol tanks, that he could just glue a rib in the center underneath to match profile of speedwing.

EDMO

Posted

Rod,

One of the guys on here was looking for Speedwing tanks - Do you make them, or will the STOL tanks fit?

I suggested that if he could get the stol tanks, that he could just glue a rib in the center underneath to match profile of speedwing.

EDMO

Hey Ed, the speed wing tanks i build for kitfox are there tools so again i appologise but cannot sell their items. The issue you are going to have with the hi-undercamber tanks I manufacture is that it has the same profile of the rib so it will sit higher when installed in a speed style wing. So its not just the underneth that would have an issue. Hope that helps.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply Rod,

I added the rib on bottom of my undercamber Kitfox-type tanks when I made the Riblett modification to my wings - That worked for me - Didn't know that the top of speedwing ribs were different contour than the Avid STOL.  At least he can get tanks from Airdale, if he can ever find Brett.

EDMO

added - Robert just told me that he got your STOL tanks to work in his speedwing - see his post in "Parts for Sale" in Avid and Kitfox Parts Suppliers.  I now remember when he did that - so, if they work for him.......?

ED

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Thanks for the reply Rod,

I added the rib on bottom of my undercamber Kitfox-type tanks when I made the Riblett modification to my wings - That worked for me - Didn't know that the top of speedwing ribs were different contour than the Avid STOL.  At least he can get tanks from Airdale, if he can ever find Brett.

EDMO

added - Robert just told me that he got your STOL tanks to work in his speedwing - see his post in "Parts for Sale" in Avid and Kitfox Parts Suppliers.  I now remember when he did that - so, if they work for him.......?

ED

Hey ED i do sell the tanks to Brett. If anyone wants a set then send me an e-mail. i will take some pics of the ribs then let youall be the judge.

Posted

Any pictures, info, comments or otherwise are always welcome on here.  No restrictions here - they take no prisoners either, so just dodge the bullets and keep on humpin!  :lol:

EDMO

Posted

Man, you're right on time!    After 20 years of running gas through my old fiberglass tank it started leaking about a month ago.  I've been researching everything there is to find about fixing and replacing and was just about to start to cut my tank open when I came across this post.  Needless to say, I'm very interested.  If you're going to put price and pictures on here that's fine.  If not, I'll email you.

Just let me know.  thanks

Jim

Posted

Man, you're right on time!    After 20 years of running gas through my old fiberglass tank it started leaking about a month ago.  I've been researching everything there is to find about fixing and replacing and was just about to start to cut my tank open when I came across this post.  Needless to say, I'm very interested.  If you're going to put price and pictures on here that's fine.  If not, I'll email you.

Just let me know.  thanks

Jim

hey Jim, send me an email. also you might want to look at the posting here