Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wanted B Model Parts

9 posts in this topic

Posted

My name is Bill and I'm looking for an elevator for a Avid B model. My friend purchased the plane from a Barnstormers ad and he has asked

me to start looking for some parts. He will probably need some more stuff, so if you have some B parts laying around let me know and I'll give him your number. Thanks for any and all help.

405-513-0143 

Posted (edited)

Where abouts are you located? I have most of the parts for a C model, and I'm sure the tail feathers are the same as the B, Also many other parts are the same as well. I'm in northern Mn, Jim Chuk

PS 218-254-2404

Edited by Jim Chuk

Posted

I'm in Guthrie, Oklahoma ( Its just 25 miles north of Oklahoma City ) off of I-35

Posted

You might look for MK IV tail feathers thats what I did, they were a direct fit to my B and now I have more surface area for the control surfaces. just a thought. I have some B parts still available from my build that I'm not using if you're interested shoot me a list of what you're looking for. have ELT, rotax exhaust, spars, nose fuel tank, coolant tank, and other misc parts can't quite remember what all off the top of my head right now would have to take a look would be happy to help if i can.

-Robert-

Posted

Thanks, Robert !!  

He's for sure going to need the Elevator. It was all rusted out cause it had been stored on the ground. Need Rudder cables, and all the cable

pulleys for it too. Not sure on the rest. He has a 503 he intends to hang on it but that could change. I'll get a list together as soon as I can.

But with your list of items and the ones from Mr. Chuk he should be able to to get a good start on this project.

Wild Bill

Posted

Wild Bill,

Just a suggestion - The elevator and stabilizer are usually a matched set - He should consider getting them both together.

EDMO

Posted

unless the builder did something on his own, there are no pulleys in the control system.  Just a few bushings.

Posted

Some later Kitfoxes had a pulley on each side for the rudder cables - wonder if someone borrowed that idea on this Avid?

EDMO

Posted

We really do appreciate all the help from this forum.  My friend and I have been working his Kitfox 5 and I guess since it has pulleys he thought the Avid might too.

We don't have a build Manual for the Avid it so I'll download it off the site and hopefully it will show us what we might be missing. We have to cover parts on the KF and

were going to cover some of the Avid parts while were at it. Hence needing the Elevator !!

I've made a deal with C. Stauffer on his C Model Avid and when we get it home, that will give us a complete one to compare too as well.

The B Model he bought has Speed Wings and we are definitley gonna have some questions on those suckers, so stay tuned in.

Wild Bill