Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FNG from Spokane

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys- been a lurker for a while, finally figured I had to sign up over here to give Larry a bad time:-) Used to be a longtime Mooney owner, sold my Mooney this year and bought a low hour Kitfox Model IV. Been pretty much spending the summer getting used to the plane, making all the necessary(to me) changes and trying to get the damn thing to run right. My life is pretty much airplanes, motorcycles, cars, snowmobiles, basically anything with a engine in it.

Here is a summary of my plane-

94 Model IV Longwing 1200

80 HP Rotax 912UL

Warp drive prop switching to IVO in flight adjustable

Updated from bungee to Grove gear

Currently working on my doors(switching to see thru)

I bought the Acrylic bubble doors from LP Aero, cracked them right out of the gate, got pissed off and switched to polycarbonate. I am still working on them and progress has been really slow. Here is the latest in progress pic-

post-736-0-11161700-1386739488_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-47274000-1386739523_thumb.jpg

Posted

Welcome to AFF!! Keep plugging away at your bird and you'll be ready to rock by spring. You probably already know the other KF drivers in the Spokane area. I got my Private ticket at SFF in 2005 when I stationed at Fairchild and grew up not far from Lewiston. Really miss the area.

Posted

Welcome to the dark side. If your here to hack on Larry step up to the plate and start swinging :lmao: sweet plane! I love the lexan doors on mine, but flying in the cold temps -30 they don't seem to last long without cracking around the screw holes. I normally replace mine every year, but it's cheap and only takes a couple hours to replace.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Now if some smart designer would just look at the rear windows on the J3, and use that little channel or some similar on his doors, he could just slip the polycarb into the channel with a rubber seal and not have to worry about screw holes and cracking!

Somebody put an inch of cold, white stuff all over our grass - must be aliens attacking to make us move south!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Welcome to another world, nice bird.If you ever fly in to St. Maries (S72) look me up.Im usually in Spokane most every weekend in Summer drag racing.Randy

Posted

Welcome! that´s a nice plane!

I like the mountain camouflage! :-) :-)  hope you get it in the air soon and don´t forget to share your pics and vids in this forum.

Regards

Dimi3

1 person likes this