Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What did I do?

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Merry Christmas!

Sorry I haven't updated my progress. There has been very little!

I did end up replacing my plastic tank with a metal one. Hopefully cured the leaking tank once and for all.

Still chasing high egt temps. Today I figured I'd give it another try. So I set up my jetting as per the rotax manual--sorry RR. Started her up and went for a short flight. Egts were not where I wanted them needless to say. As far as rpm, I was getting 6000 static and 6700 wot. I'm thinking that spread is too much.

So I land and do another runup. Shoot around the patch for the fun of it and then roll her into the hangar to adjust the pitch. Reduced by 1deg. Time to try again.

Nothing, nada. She wont start, wont fire, pop. Nothing.

What did I do?

Edited by Deejayel

Posted

Change the plugs and I bet it fires right up. I've had that happen before.

Posted

Ill give that a try. Easy enough. I only have 10 hours on these, but I have another set standing by.

Thanks

Welcome back btw!

Posted

Oh and make sure your mag switches are on hahaha

Posted

Spark plugs it was. I had 25hrs on those already! Too much fun to slow down and change the plugs. I'll put them on a 15-20 hour schedule

Spent the day carb jetting. Getting closer.

Posted

how about your EGT?  I read in some manual or articles, that whenever you have stubborn EGT, the problem is generally NOT the carburetor; and we should look somewhere else.

some places to look.

1.- cracks on the caburetor boots.

2.- leaks on the choke conectors (even if they are not installed)

3.- Timming, ignition, use a lamp to quick check this.

4.- gearbox, change oil, you will notice a slight change in RPM with new oil, about 200 RPM.

5.- always, use the recommended factory jettings; check that all the numbers are as per manual.

6.- EGT probes; you can check them by flaming with a regular torch, they normally bring them to about 650 degrees celcius.

hope it helps

regards

dimi3

Posted

So far so good with my EGT's. I've had two quick flights and they have been right on target. Until I get a longer flight in her, I don't want to give a full report just yet.

I have inspected all the above. And with the clutch installation, The gerabox oil was changed. I'll certainly give that some credit.

Thanks