CONTRIBUTIONS TO KEEP SITE GOING

153 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah I was kinda pissed you cashed my $500 check and never even sent a thank you! :lol:

:BC:

I figured you must have had your beer goggles on and put the decimal place in the wrong spot on that check....  Thankfully, the gals at the bank know me and let me correct it for ya!  :lmao:

Now go put your butt powder in your twisted up undies and it may help the chaffing :lol:

Seriously Doug, thanks for all you post here, your the best known library of Avid stuff.  If an answer can't be found in your library then it probly does not exist.

Posted

Speaking of beer goggles, I might have a video or two for the members only section of a certain someone ripping up the beer tent at OSH last year! Ya know, I been going to OSH for years and finally made it to the beer tent last year. Kinda been avoiding it because it's a looog damn walk back to my camp at 3am. Here's a short side story... there is this guy near my camp who is one of those sloppy drunks that gets in your face and can overstay his welcome. I don't have much patience for that crap and, worse, he's always talking about how he knows the bartender and drinks for free every year, yada yada. So last year his girlfriend shows up and they head over to the tent on a pair of ratty old bikes. He did have the foresight to duct-tape a couple of Dollar Store flashlights do the handlebars for the ride home. Apparently, somewhere along the couple mile ride the lights go out and the g/f rides straight into a roadway gate and gets knocked off her bike. Hehe, I laughed my azz off at that one, just seemed inevitable! Anyhoo, the cops were looking at me real funny when they kicked everyone out at closing time and I jumped on a scooter. Didn't know if they were going to bust me but I had places to go and peeps to see so off I go. More funny was getting all the way back to the camper later that night and realizing I had lost my iPhone somewhere, oh sheit!#*! So back on the scooter to snoop around the last stop of the night at the mother/daughter truck camper (don't ask, eek!). No luck there so over to the campfire site at the beer tent and -whiskeytangofoxtrot- there she was laying in the dirt next to a few dead soldiers right under my lawn chair. Man, I felt more relieved than getting on the ground after an engine out. Yep, we drank a few beers last year and, after the 'official' tasting one night at my site, it was conceded that Southern Comfort makes a better Manhattan than V.O. Just to be clear, the planes and stuff really are why we go but there something about going solo to OSH that lets your gear down! Honestly, you gotta get yourself to AirVenture someday Mr.

1 person likes this

Posted

Video needs to be posted.  I could damn sure use a few laughs right about now! 

I will get there one of these days.. I may be a sloppy drunk if I am flying solo :lol:  Not loud and obnoxious.. but I do have the ablility to make the best use of the sea plane basin at 0 dark thirty and let it all hang out in the moonlight... no pun intended hahahaha.  Sounds like a great time down there and its one I have dreamed about going to for many years.  One day I just need to make it happen.

Posted

I could damn sure use a few laughs right about now! 

You and me both. Sitting here preparing family tax returns today, uugh.

1 person likes this

Posted

I did that a few weeks ago.. I was happy with this years return, but I am still waiting on them to settle with and pay out the return from 09.. if that gets back it will pay off my half of the 180 and put some rum money in my pocket.. Had to get a tax advocate to get the bastages in newyork off their asses get it moving.

Posted

Ron
Av8r_Sed
Luke D.
Bandit
TreetopAirways
EdinMo
Av8r3400
JackAK
Suberavid
Allonsye

thebriman

Avid Stol HH

dav8or

Wolverine

Logtrucker

Nukapoint

JimChuk

Dholly

nlappos

If I missed anyone, please let me know who you are.  I have a couple mystery guys that did not include their user name and I cant find them in the members list by the name that I have from the checks.  You guys rock and I don't want to leave your name out!

Thanks guys for the 2015 contributions to keep the lights on, its much appreciated. You guys rock!

:BC: :BC:

Posted

I'm a bit late on the yearly donation to help Leni with the cost of keeping the forum running.  For those who do not know, Leni keeps this forum online, and often must pay for things for it out of his own pocket.  If you find yourself on here often it would behoove you to donate a little cash to help him run it for another year.  See above in this thread for ways to donate.  Thanks Leni (Akflyer)  for doing your work on the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you much Sir!

Anything is always appreciated from you guys, your what makes this site GREAT!

Posted

I sent him my elastic check. Let's see how far it will stretch :-)

2 people like this

Posted

Leni, Joey,

Is there any way to make your last post stay lit up for a while until everyone has a chance to contribute for

this year?  We are just now into the 2nd week of Jan.

EdMO

EdMO,

I noticed your Icon is an Ercoupe. Do you still fly one? My wife's plane is a 415C and we might know each other thru EOC or might have met at some Coupe fly-in.

Last month I bought a damaged Avid C and currently making progress toward having it airworthy again. So, I'm new to Avids and new to this group. Just got on this forum today with a lot of help from AKflyer. I am needing lots of catching up to get up with others on this forum.

Doc

Posted (edited)

Leni, Joey,

Is there any way to make your last post stay lit up for a while until everyone has a chance to contribute for

this year?  We are just now into the 2nd week of Jan.

EdMO

EdMO,

I noticed your Icon is an Ercoupe. Do you still fly one? My wife's plane is a 415C and we might know each other thru EOC or might have met at some Coupe fly-in.

Last month I bought a damaged Avid C and currently making progress toward having it airworthy again. So, I'm new to Avids and new to this group. Just got on this forum today with a lot of help from AKflyer. I am needing lots of catching up to get up with others on this forum.

Doc

Hello Doc,

Welcome to the forum.  You can get more education and answers on Avids and Foxes on this site than you could imagine.  I never went to a Coupe fly-in, and the '46 Coupe has been gone for several years now, and I started driving tractors before we retired the mules!

I went to the "darkside" about the time the Kitfox 4 was being made!  Had 1,2 & 3 - Post a lot and have fun on here.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Welcome Doc.

And thanks for refreshing the thread, my 2016 chuckle check was long overdue. :BC:

Posted (edited)

Tractor Doc,  Where in Rcansaw are you?  I'm from Lapland originally, but in STL region now.  HH and shortwing Aerobat have a rib about every 12 inches and the STOL has ribs on 18" centers - HH & STOL are both same length and undercamber.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed!  The hosting fees are coming due and of course, do to the amount of traffic we have and the storage that we use, they upped the rates on me again.. oh well, the growth and additional members and pictures is well worth it to me!

Posted

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed!  The hosting fees are coming due and of course, do to the amount of traffic we have and the storage that we use, they upped the rates on me again.. oh well, the growth and additional members and pictures is well worth it to me!

Hey Mr. update us again  with your email address, that you use for paypal, Thanks

Posted

akflyer_2000@yahoo.com

Posted

Gotta say we have the best members on any forum out there!  ya'll are great, thank you very much for the recent contributions!

Posted

Just a bump and quick comment. I was shocked to learn how much more expensive it is to host a forum vs. a typical business website. Would you believe almost $1000/yr. ! Now I don't know how much revenue is being forfeited by running this site commercial/ad free, but I do know it's not fair to make Leni shoulder a large financial burden in addition to the owner/admin headaches. He had the foresight to start what has become the go-to community resource for Avid Flyers and it's chock full of invaluable content for builders. If you've been meaning to express your appreciation, today is a great day to throw the dog a couple bones!

4 people like this

Posted

Just a bump and quick comment. I was shocked to learn how much more expensive it is to host a forum vs. a typical business website. Would you believe almost $1000/yr. ! Now I don't know how much revenue is being forfeited by running this site commercial/ad free, but I do know it's not fair to make Leni shoulder a large financial burden in addition to the owner/admin headaches. He had the foresight to start what has become the go-to community resource for Avid Flyers and it's chock full of invaluable content for builders. If you've been meaning to express your appreciation, today is a great day to throw the dog a couple bones!

hey Doug   thanks for the bump.  it's not quite that bad for the hosting, but it keeps getting more expensive every time I pay the bill!  thanks for your support, I appreciate it more than you know!

Posted

Leni, is it best to send you money via Paypal or a check? I know that most of the time you end up with a fee from Paypal and I'd hate for the money to not get to you and have to go towards fees instead.

If a check works (maybe I missed it) is the address on the first page of this thread where to send one to you so you get to use all the money donated for the site?

Posted

New to the site, but already have gotten some great tips. Been on a few different aviation forums, and this is by far one of the friendliest.  Is the email address still the same as in 2014 (for paypal)?

Posted

sorry for the late reply, but yes it is! 

When you choose to send a paypal PLEASE put your user name in the comments!  Sometimes it is tough to figure out which member the contributions are coming from.

Once again, you guys are the best and it is very much appreciated that I don't have to do "membership" drives like other sites and con you guys into helping to support the site.  To have guys that just step up and do it on your own is a pretty good testimony that we have a good site here and ya'll feel like I wanted ya to.. right at home drinking a beer with the boys in the hangar telling lies about how good we used to be :lmao:

Posted (edited)

Leni, 7 Dec 2016 - Pearl Harbor Day,

I put some money in a Christmas card for you - for AFF site or Captain Morgan - Whichever is most urgent! :BC: 

I am too old to do "e-money", however that goes!

Merry Christmas, and Thanks again.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm a couple months shy from last year, but the check it going out today! Thanks guys!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks guys, this group is the most awesome group I have ever had the pleasure of being associated with.