Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finally a video

13 posts in this topic

Posted

My first attempt at in cockpit video....also first vid after a 7 mos hiatus from my deployment..I'm BACK 

2 people like this

Posted

Fun times! Glad to see you're out and enjoying the Avid. Can't wait to see more video's of your adventures!

Posted

Nice video and looks like you have got some good land to fly over - We are getting so many tall towers here that you have to dodge them below 2000 msl.   And those short sleeves - must be nice - been 13 below here this week.

Good Flying,

EDMO

Posted

Nice to see can't belive how smooth the air is.Last 2 times I went turbulence beat me up pretty good.So from what I can see of it you have the 2 blade warp screwed back on the gear box.Give up on the ivo already?

Glad you're back

Mike

Posted

Welcome home, again, Joey.  Fun video.

Posted

what camera are you using?  I have been looking for another cam that I can plug the head set into.  years ago I used a suction cup microphone from radio shack on the head set and plugged it into my monster VHS camera for doing inflight videos, but I have not seen one of the smaller helmet cam types with an audio in port on them.

Looks like a good day of flying!

:BC:

Posted

I love seeing where your wallet and iphone are stored for flight!

Posted

Like getting back on a bike again, eh Joey? :)

Posted

That spot works great for storing stuff. The other side has a plastic bag in case anyone gets sick and further back I have a calculator and notebook and an indoor outdoor thermometer. Leni the camera is a drift HD. They sell a cord that plugs right into the camera. It's really quiet though I had to use video software to increase the sound. Doug it's still coming back to me. Surprised no one noticed the porpoise on the last landing. I just about when around on the second bounce.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just cause we didn't hack on ya about it don't mean we didn't notice it :lmao: 

:BC:

Posted

Joey,

Good video - When you become more proficient at editing, we wont see those bounces!  Best of all, the wheels were down and the gas caps were up!

EDMO

Posted

Look close at the 45 second mark and you will see look left and right real fast. A huge flock of birds flew up right in front of me I just about smoked a couple of them.

Posted

Nice video. Funny thing with videos, even HD, is how much is not captured. Must be a perspective thing, or just the reality of trying to fit real life onto a digital file. I have taken some cockpit video with a GoPro2 in the Sedan. I've used hard slips quite a bit on landings (no flaps on the Sedan), and it just does not come across on the video. Yeah, you can tell that the nose is not lined up with the path of flight, but it's very minor and nothing like what it felt like. Same with a bounce while landing on floats, it just didn't come through. Which is fine with me  :rolleyes:

Nice video though, C5. Looks like a nice area to fly.

-Nate