Mark V for sale

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

When the first Texas Taildraggers were made from the 150, one outfit left the nose wheel on for transition pilots - until they got lighter on the brakes, and could keep the tail down.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Another huge step to picking up the Pursang tonight. I bought the ticket for February 11th. Going to be able to finally see it. I'm hoping to get it to Utah the next day since it doesn't have any lights. I'm hoping John will have time for me to pick his brain about everything that day so I have a good detailed knowledge of the build and other elements that aren't written about in the articles he wrote about the build. He also sent me a copy of all five articles that he wrote. Hopefully tomorrow or this weekend I'll find the original thread and add anything that is missing....if I can get my scanner to work.

Posted

Please do.  I'm interested to see those.

Posted

Great Kenneth; looking forward to hearing/seeing the report!

Posted

I can't say that officially I'm the new owner yet because the paperwork hasn't been filed but the deal is done with John Larsen. I'll be going out there next Tuesday and staying over that night before heading to Utah with it.

Now to wonder if I should order the HACman for the trip. If it saved even 1/2 a gallon per hour it would save about $50 just to get it back home.

Posted

Wait until you get home.

We need color commentary all the way, too.  So get your smart phone charged up...

You're bringing it up to Airventure 2014, RIGHT?

Posted

I don't own a "smart" phone. I'm still in the archaic society of a phone with a full keyboard for texting. The pictures aren't great from it either!

We are starting to seriously consider Airventure this year. It would be an easier decision if we had people to fly up and camp with...hint hint (anyone be passing through St. Louis?).

We've never been and it would be really cool to go. The biggest issue is leave for my wife....someone has to pay the bills!

Posted

Well, there's time to step up yet, mister.  I hear that iPhones are on sale, now...

I'll be camping at Airventure all week just across from the Ultralight Red Barn.  WIth a little luck there will be a contingent of AFF folks with us.

Base Camp 2013 - Will be repeated this year.

post-36-0-97273800-1391645594_thumb.jpg

Breakfast Assembly Line.

post-36-0-71302300-1391645601_thumb.jpg

A couple of fat guys...

post-36-0-67574800-1391645608_thumb.jpg

Posted

I had an iphone for almost a year when I flew for a company. Gladly turned it in when I left. I have no very little to no need for one of what I call a dumb phone! :)

Guess if we head up that way for Airventure we know where to get in line for food! :bday:

Posted

I really hope that someone going to Osh can grab a sample (any color), brochure, and the secret price of Oratex for me - Been trying to get it for about a year now, and mailbox is still empty.   I will post a request again when it is time.

EDMO

Posted

Ed,

The US distributor for Oratex is in our Anchorage EAA chapter.  I know I have a sample and brochure I will send you if I can find it.  If not, I will get another one from Lars and send it to you.

Posted

Thanks Randy,

I have called Alaska twice and left my name and address - waited months each time and no sample - They wouldn't tell me the cost on the phone - kept saying it depends on European exchange rates - a ballpark figure per yard would help.

Doug got a sample at Osh, but said they were running out quickly.

Appreciate the effort.

EDMO

Posted

Keep your eye on the weather up here Kenneth...

1 person likes this