Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox Model IV - 1200

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all, I hate to say it but I think it has to go, my 1994 Model-IV I purchased last February.

I recently had to make a drastic lifestyle change, pack up and move to Charlotte, NC for my job; and I only had 2 weeks notice.  After checking with all the local airports I have come to realize I cannot afford this airplane at the moment, hangar rent in CLT and Rock Hill is triple what it is in TN.  It is in a corporate hangar 4 hours away from CLT in Mountain City, TN.

Johnson County Airport, Mountain City, TN    6A4

I purchased the airplane for $23,000 in February, since then I have installed a new 72"  IVO UL IFA prop with less then 3 hours on it.  I also installed a new AirTek Clutch and inspected the gearbox with the help of our local IA.  The panel was removed and I built a new one with an iPad mount and better instrument package.  Pedal modifications, fuel system modifications, ect..were all done under the supervision of my local IA.  The IA also completed a very thorough conditional inspection in August or September, I don't remember which.

So here is a description of the airplane, I'll look around for pictures a little later when I have time.

1994 Model IV - 1200 (All logs present and current)

Rotax 582 Grey Head with ~130 hours since factory overhaul

3:1 Gearbox with Airtec Clutch Kit (prop does not turn on startup, idle around 1,600 RPM's)

New Ultralight In-Flight Adjustable Carbon prop w/ Spinner

New Instrument Panel with iPad hardmount

Grove Landing Gear w/ Dual Grove Brakes and Good Tires

Updated 3-Leaf Tailspring currently running just 2 springs

Fabric and Paint is OK, not new by any means but it is original and shows well.

She flies well, but I have only put about 7 hours on her since I bought her, I have not had any time to fly with the crazy weather we had in NC last year, along with a turbulent moment in my career.  I'm sure the bing carbs need new mains for this time of year, also, the rotary shaft leaks a little oil, but it goes into the lower crankcase, its not a head problem.  I try to think of it as extra lubrication.  I started the engine the other day but did not run it up all the way, just taxied around for a minute.

Please feel free to email me at Mendlerr@yahoo.com with any questions, I can also except TXT but NOT phone calls during the day at 828-260-3985.

Posted

Did you put this up over at TeamKitfox?

No offense to Leni, but they have most of the market of these planes checking in there on a daily basis...

Posted

I have not but I have not had any time to clean up the airplane and picture it up.  I may have found a place about an hour from here with hangar space next to an Avid.  I think in all honestly I'll probably still sell it though.

Posted

Sale Pending

Posted

Well, that's a little bitter sweet...

Posted

Haha it's all good.

N94JE is SOLD!

It now resides in the state of Colorado, arrived today on trailer

Posted

Thanks to avidfoxflyers! I did not post this ad anywhere else

1 person likes this