Airventure 2014

122 posts in this topic

Posted

No vehicles inside the airshow grounds, but in the Campgrounds pretty much everything is ok - bikes, motorcycles, golf carts, ATV's.  Anything with a motor the driver has to have a valid drivers license to use.  If you are flying in and camping with the plane, I don't think you can use a bike in that area.  Which is sensible, I wouldn't really want a bunch of other folks riding around my plane.  

The shuttle buses are pretty good, as long as a rainstorm doesn't pop up (and it always does), then the waits are long.

Mark

Posted

Also, the trams that travel the grounds are your friend.

Posted

Seeing as how I haven't heard a peep from Brett about an Avid luncheon at Airventure this year, what say we put one together ourselves, with whomever is in attendance??

Waddya say?

Maybe at Wendt's?  Doug's buying...

Posted

If someone else is buying I'll be there! Actually I'm all for a luncheon though. We are starting to get serious about figuring out when we'll be there and everything as well. Of course it all hinges on getting the control system on Pursang sorted out now that I'm home with it.

Posted

Seeing as how I haven't heard a peep from Brett about an Avid luncheon at Airventure this year, what say we put one together ourselves, with whomever is in attendance??

Waddya say?

Maybe at Wendt's?  Doug's buying...

Looks like I better start making some plans. Anybody got pull with a RV rental place in Elkhart, IN? Russ said he'd go in on one this year. ;-)

Posted

Why Elkhart?  We got a spot for ya to park it anyway...

Posted (edited)

Elkhart is right on the route if I drive, might as well pick one up and return there to save the gas expense from/to NY. Figured if there was ever any place that has new rentals at a competitive price it would be the hometown of all the big RV manufacturers. I tried a few of the local WI businesses but they jack prices pretty hard for AirVenture and some units appear to all but guaranty bed lice they were so rough. Still dunno if I'll fly or drive, last year was the first time I've ever driven and I lost nearly two weeks of my life!

On a side note, I've been scouring Craigslist for a decent popup truck camper and almost called you to check on one for me that looked to be within 15-20 mins from you. When I went back after checking the map the ad had been removed, boo!

[edit] Leni - LOL, you must be thinking of the ass powder puff. I only fart around family, just ask my wife. Even amoungst the boyz there is a certain amount of etiquette expected! Although I MIGHT have let one or two little rips fly after all the fried lobster and Manhattans last year!

Edited by dholly
1 person likes this

Posted

Only Doug would come to Wisconsin and order a manhattan. If we could only get him to stay for a bit, we'd have him straightened out pretty quickly. I mean, my god, we fry the lobster here. Some etiquette, please.

1 person likes this

Posted

Doug, are you saying its better to have admitted to powdering your ass :dunno:   hahahahahaha

:BC:

Posted

:funnypostabove:  ...from the guy advocating Vaseline ass?!

1 person likes this

Posted

ya got me on that one... OK, I will let this one get back on topic :lmao:

:BC:

Posted

Only Doug would come to Wisconsin and order a manhattan. If we could only get him to stay for a bit, we'd have him straightened out pretty quickly. I mean, my god, we fry the lobster here. Some etiquette, please.

Damn, I think I was there for two weeks, at least that's what the Boss said when I finally got home. You do know that trip cost me a new kitchen, don't you? And, do you REALLY want to go there after you 'n your buddies were mixing up those goofy girly skirt drinks... what'd you call them? I can't remember what fancy liqueurs were in those things but I do remember thinking 1.) So. Co. Manhattan on the rocks tasting mighty fine during the campsite cocktail hour and no urge to change-up now, and 2.) I can't believe I had to drive 800 miles but I finally got me some fried lobster before you cleaned them out! We gotta keep this cat in the bag brother, that fried lobster is precious.  w00t!

1 person likes this

Posted

1.  Whisky + Coke (+ optional grenadine) = Cynthiana  (Named for Cynthiana Kentucky, our last overnight stop on the Kittyhawk trip last year)

2.  RIght on brother!

Posted

Just picked up a lightly used pop up truck camper, might have to drive again this year.

post-53-0-70093900-1399607228_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Schweet!

PARTY AT DOUG'S HOUSE!!!

Posted

Larry offered for me to camp out at his Compound so I booked a flight into Green Bay from Oregon and will arrive  Green Bay late Sunday night.

Looks like the days of $25. / day car rental are over.

Best rate I could find was $69 / day and to have the car sit for five days at OSH does not make sense.

Any suggestions how to get from GB to OSH (60 miles)? Anyone driving thru GB, bus, Taxi?

Looking forward to my first EAA Airventure.

Thanks

Herman

Posted

What's your definition of late? Exactly what time do you arrive/depart?

Posted

IIRC, there are shuttles operating from both MKE and GRB to Airventure grounds during the show. Take a look under 'Transportation' (or similar) info on the official Airventure website for schedules.

Posted

Thanks for the Shuttle advice and I made reservations which cost half as much as renting a car.

I arrive GB Sunday 10:00 PM and depart GB 11:00 AM on Friday and the Shuttle will get me to and from OSH.

Larry:  Are you going to leave the lights on for me?

Herman

Posted

We'll be there!

Where does the bus drop you off? I'll pick you up there.

Posted

Are we going to try and meet up for lunch as a group or anything?

1 person likes this

Posted

There was talk of something at the seaplane base in leu of Brett's get together, but I haven't heard any more.

Since a bunch of the guys were going to be at my place, I thought of something informal there for lunch one day. Ya-know tube steaks and chips or some similar culinary delights.

2 people like this

Posted

Sounds good Larry. If you need help let me know. We will be camping in the same spot again this year.  I like the idea of having it at the main grounds this year. Let the web foot boys come over to our place this year. Maybe more people will stay and visit after lunch.

1 person likes this

Posted

Works for me too. You need to PM everyone your location with a big red X on a map. I swear I've tried to find your little enclave for the last three years and I was not that drunk.