Airventure 2014

122 posts in this topic

Posted

Works for me too.  I'll wander out to the seaplane base to drool a bit, but if we have it on the main campgrounds I'll be more likely to hang around.  Let me know if you need anything.  You can find me by looking for this:

post-503-0-31659300-1402597065_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Doug, we are just west of the barn.

Posted

Okay.  WIth a little help from the Google Satellite, here is where I camp (Chapter 75) and Bandit's camp compared to the Ultralight Red Barn.

post-36-0-40151800-1402636925_thumb.png

Posted

Cant wait!

Posted

Just a heads up...

- Discounted ticket pricing has been extended until 6/30/14. Buy here >>> http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-tickets

- 2014 Camping Giude is now available. Download here >>> http://www.eaa.org/~/media/Files/AirVenture/PlanYourTrip/Camping/AV14CampGuide85x11Web.pdf

Is it just me or do regulars get the feeling that the show is downsized this year? Ie., only the opening night entertainment announced (Kenny Loggins - eh), all other nights still 'to be announced' and, with the exceptions of the Thunderbirds, the airshow schedule looks lighter? Is this a result of having to pay the FAA blackmail for ATC again?

Posted

Looks like they have entertainment every night on stage. I can only watch the Extra 300's twist and turn so much. They could cut them down as far as I am concerned. 

Posted

Which tickets do I need for the entire time with you guys?

Posted

I think getting a weekly pass is the best most cost effective method.

Posted

I can "sometimes" score a daily pass or two, but they're getting tougher to find.

Posted

Okay.

Time is getting short.  We need to get our shit together if we want to have an AFF meet and greet.

Wednesday is usually the Kitfox/Rans party up on the north end.  They have a little dinner mixer.  I assume it is on again for this year.  I'll find out for sure.

I haven't heard if its on or not, but Thursday is when Brett has his luncheon at the seaplane base.  Does someone want to find this out from him?

What does every one want to do?  As I said, I would volunteer to host a simple weenie roast at my campsite.  Maybe a couple of adult beverages...

Posted

It's official, my wife and I will be going to OSH this year. She was approved for leave and we just purchased tickets for Wednesday through Saturday and got our camping at Scholler as well. Unfortunately we obviously have to drive up this year so we decided to go to Upper Michigan for a few days to visit a national park before we drive back south to Airventure.

Hopefully we'll be onsite early on Wednesday. Let the planning begin for the forums and what all we want to see.

One question for those that have gone, how viable is it to eat most of the time at the event, or would it be better to catch shuttles into town? We will have a very small camp trailer (think towed behind a motorcycle) and an even smaller back pack type camp stove so we can do some limited cooking. Just trying to plan ahead a little.

Posted

There is plenty of (pretty good) food available on the show grounds.  It can get a little expensive, but that's the nature of these types of events.

Posted

And since you'll have your motorcycle, there is also the option of the restaurants around town.  we usually leave the show around 3:30pm, get a shower, then head for a restaurant for supper, which gets us there before the crowds.  After about 5:30pm, the restaurants are packed, before that, you may have the place to yourself.

Mark

Posted

Let's have it Thursday for lunch.

Posted

I'm trying to text to Brett to find out what his plan is.  I'd rather not turn this into a pissing contest with him.  He usually did thursday...

Posted

Hey Doug - What is your schedule?

Posted

Larry just let me know what I need to do. I think this is our best bet at the moment. I am willing to pitch in on food and time.

Posted

I'm up for the weenie roast at Larry's Camp Chapter 75 if we can agree on the best time.  I'll be there from Monday for most of the week and can help setup/ cook / whatever.  Monday or Tuesday evening?

Posted

How about Thursday night?

Posted

Larry - just replied to your poll thread, though I didn't pick a date/time. Usually meet my local crew at WOTL for dinner Wed., also have to keep Snaps in check at the SPA CornRoast Thurs. night.

Posted

Wednesday at 6 pm is the get together at the Kitfox booth.

Posted

Are we getting together? How about the first Sunday before the show ?

Posted

A member here is coming in Sunday night late. I'm sure he'd want to be part of the throng.

Okay. This cant be that tough to do a get together! Lets have a head count, whose coming and when?

I'll be there all week. Saturday through Sunday.

Posted

Dale from SW MO said he is coming, and I'm sure he has never met any of you.

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

The group from BCP (BackCountryPilots.org) are meeting on Thursday.

I'd like to try and get to that one, too… …