Airventure 2014

122 posts in this topic

Posted

Saturday until the next Sunday.

Posted

We'll only be there from Wednesday morning through Saturday night. I wondered if this had just fallen off.

Posted

If like to do this, bit timing is tough...

Posted

Maybe we do it a couple times... ?

Posted

I like the idea of several times, just in case everyone can't be to one. Personally I'll make room for any of the get togethers that are done while I'm there.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Friday night at our camp. Everybody can park right next to our campsite. Parking is only 5 bucks.

We will bring hotdogs, buns, chips and beans.

Edited by Bandit

Posted (edited)

I like Friday night too. But let's do it at my place. I'm right upfront of the campground, easier to find for everyone.

We can pool our resources. I'll have Joey, Doug and Herman with me from the site.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

Sounds good! Didn't see your other post until now Larry.

Posted

Getting close! What kind of things do I need to bring with me? Deciding if I need to ship anything or not.

Posted

I'll PM ya...

Posted

Ok, just to throw another banana into this monkey f**k, here's another thought...

The Thunderbirds will perform what they describe as a “practice show†– basically, a full dress rehearsal for the weekend – at 5 p.m. on Friday, August 1. This comes at the end of the regular afternoon air show, which features the full World War II warbird extravaganza, and prior to the return of the Old Glory Honor Flight from Washington, D.C., that is part of AirVenture’s annual “Salute to Veterans†activities.

FWIW, I plan to be at the same site I had last year right along the fence at the end of the UL strip near the W. Ripple entry gate. As I understand the new, expanded aerobatic box restrictions, this is as close to the flight line as allowed during the Thunderbird performances. Not sure if the normal viewing areas will be open/closed for the regular afternoon air show then closed for the TB practice or what, but my site will be a better vantage point if there is any interest in watching TB's practice.

Posted

We'll save you a hot dog Doug.

Posted

…maybe.   :shitfan:

Posted

Well, in a last minute decision, it looks like I'm going to make it to Oshkosh this year (first time). Just two days though. I'm flying commercial. I'll get there Thursday night, and leave Sunday morning. If you guys have settled on Friday, I can be there, and I'd like to meet everyone. What food should I bring?

Luke D.

Posted

For everyone traveling in, I'm basically a local. I'll handle the supplies. Maybe I'll put out a tip jar or something. Don't worry about bringing anything.

Posted

Thanks for doing that Larry. I'd be happy to pitch in.

Posted

Looking at the 10 day weather guesser, it looks like Oshkosh may be kind to you Alaska guys this year - highs in the low 70's, lows in the mid 50's.  I better make sure my campers propane bottles are full, looks like I'll need heat!  :lmao:

Mark

Posted

Perfect!

Posted

A little warm, but well make doo...

Posted

Getting excited! Less than a week away now!!

Posted

When are you getting in Joey? We are going to leave Friday after work then drive halfway out, but I know how that will go. If I'm three hrs out I will drive the rest of the way and get there late Friday night.

Posted

I arrive Into Green Bay about 230pm on Saturday. After that I am a hitchhiker and totally flexible to whatever it takes to make things as easy as possible for Larry.

Posted

How much luggage do you have?

Posted

Scattered storms on Saturday. Will probably fetch you with ground transport.

I'm hoping I'm able to get the plane over there in the am...

Posted

So, when, where,time??????