Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

spark plug wire pulled out

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I've reached a new level of ham handedness and pulled a spark plug wire out the the ignition coil.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Can it be reinstalled or do I have to spring for a new coil? errrrrrrrrrrr

thanks

EG 

Posted

it just screws up into the coil.  While your at it, you can hit up your local auto parts store and get some bulk wire and make all new plug wires.  It solved a missfire issue I fought for weeks.

:BC:

Posted

Thanks.  I was hoping that it would be an easy fix but with Rotax you never know.  

EG

Posted

Sort of late to this post but it is that easy. Make sure you use solid core wire and also pick up some dielectric grease for the re assembly. If your existing wires are in good condition and long enough, you can just cut a half inch or so off each end and re use the wires.

Also if it is a 582, use BR8ES SOLID TOP plugs. The little aluminium screw on tops will wear quickly and you can have a plug wire fall off. If you have radio noise replace your stock NGK plug ends with the Bosch shielded 4K resistor caps. That will eliminate radio noise.

Most of this is well known stuff, but just in case I thought I'd post it.

Good Luck!